Wow, just tried a Marshall 1974X

Let's talk guitar amplfiers

Moderator: jingle_jangle

teddy_boy

Wow, just tried a Marshall 1974X

Post by teddy_boy »

I have to share this information with you....

I haven't been a fan of Marshalls for ages. I've had a few, a valvestate years ago and a JCM2000 DSL 401 a few years back, but once I tried a Class A-amp I couldn't wait to get rid of it. Now I own a Monster El Mariachi, a handmade, point-to-point Class A-amplifier made here in Finland (www.monsteramps.net). It is fabulous and I couldn't be happier... or I would be really happy if I got a Marshall 1974X to go with it...

Yep, tried one today at the local guitar shop and fell in love immediatly. The overdriven tones on this beast are completely different to the modern Class-A tone I have with the Monster. The Monster sound is full, a wide spectrum with quite clear definition all around. The Marshall tone was "smaller" (hope you understand) with the mids more packed and the high end had a nice roll-off. Very musical indeed. I'm pretty sure it would be a great amp to compliment my Monster. What do you think?? Anybody tried one of these?

Best,

Tom
Life's a garden - dig it!
tony_carey
Advanced Member

Post by tony_carey »

Marshall ROCKS! OK, it might not be class A, but it's done well for the hoards of pro guitarists that use it....they can't all be wrong! Image
'Rickenbacker'...what a name! After all these years, it still thrills me.
revolver

Post by revolver »

mmm...Hiwatt Image
listen to clips from our new ep
http://www.ramonahq.com
revolver323
Intermediate Member

Post by revolver323 »

Hey Dave .., I wasn't copying your name (or your board identity) although it is kinda spooky. If that black Rick above had been a 4001, I'd have had to go look in the mirror to see if I was still here ...
revolver

Post by revolver »

Identity theft? Image
listen to clips from our new ep
http://www.ramonahq.com

Return to “Greg's Amplifier and Tube Tech Forum: by Greg Simon”