The Hyphen Thing

History and music of Liverpool
jingle_jangle
RRF Moderator

Post by jingle_jangle »

Like eBay, you have to be suspicious of anybody with a 100% people rating--it's too Zelig to please 100% of the people 100% of the time.

There's nothing wrong with sincere arrogance, as long as the sincere abhorrence that it provokes is understood in advance...
“I say in speeches that a plausible mission of artists is to make people appreciate being alive at least a little bit. I am then asked if I know of any artists who pulled that off. I reply, 'The Beatles did.”
― Kurt Vonnegut
winston
Membership Admin

Post by winston »

Buttons! Everybody has buttons. You just have to know which ones to push to get the reaction you are looking for.
“We can't solve problems by using the same kind of thinking we used when we created them.” - Albert Einstein

"You do not really understand something unless you can explain it to your grandmother" - Albert Einstein
winston
Membership Admin

Post by winston »

This man had clear insight.

Newton's Third Law of Motion

"For every action, there is an equal and opposite reaction."
“We can't solve problems by using the same kind of thinking we used when we created them.” - Albert Einstein

"You do not really understand something unless you can explain it to your grandmother" - Albert Einstein
jbarnes

Post by jbarnes »

DAMN !! What did I start ? Thanks for the help Paul.... Here, the hyphen for a woman kinda means divorce soon after marriage.
Hummmmmmmmmm,Gotta think about that one... OK, I'm done.....
jingle_jangle
RRF Moderator

Post by jingle_jangle »

Lately, all of my buttons seem to be marked "slow".

Except for the one that says, "Free Katie".
“I say in speeches that a plausible mission of artists is to make people appreciate being alive at least a little bit. I am then asked if I know of any artists who pulled that off. I reply, 'The Beatles did.”
― Kurt Vonnegut
jbarnes

Post by jbarnes »

Again, John Allen Martin Barnes or Nhoj Nella Nitram Senrab is sitting back and enjoying... I just up myself a bit for a plate of bangers & mash
jbarnes

Post by jbarnes »

Are you presently in the North Bay PAul ???
jingle_jangle
RRF Moderator

Post by jingle_jangle »

Whatever, as long as it doesn't appear Brasilian to a Bobby.
― Kurt Vonnegut
jingle_jangle
RRF Moderator

Post by jingle_jangle »

Presently in the North Bay, yes, John. Are you planning a visit? I'll have to have the Cromby blocked...
― Kurt Vonnegut
jbarnes

Post by jbarnes »

Naw, just Atherton and over to Gilroy for the weekend......just roasting a bit in the Valley right now........(lock Gavin up please)
jingle_jangle
RRF Moderator

Post by jingle_jangle »

Yikes. Makes yer skin red and yer eyes water.
― Kurt Vonnegut
jbarnes

Post by jbarnes »

Yea, but the Garlic Ice Cream is an annual must (bet our Brit friends wont figure that one out)
jingle_jangle
RRF Moderator

Post by jingle_jangle »

The Rappazzinni wine is pretty darned good with pasta...
― Kurt Vonnegut
jbarnes

Post by jbarnes »

As long as it's not 119 degrees in the glenn this year, all will be good..........
shamustwin

Post by shamustwin »

Are we still talking hyphens? My first wife was and probably still is German (she is). My last name is Juden, which in German (the language) means Jew or Jewish or something close (I am not). She couldn't bear to have that as a last name, so hyphenated it onto her last name, I guess to show the world she was born with a better name. Did I say she is my ex? A thought just came to me...my first ex-wife is German, who we Americans fought, my second ex-wife is Japanese, who we Americans fought, and my current wife is Vietnamese, who we Americans fought. I dare not get divorced again for fear of whom I'll have to marry next!

Return to “Liverpool Project: by Admin”