Flamin Groovies?

Artists Who Use Rickenbackers

Moderators: rickenbrother, ajish4

kennyhowes
Veteran RRF member

Flamin Groovies?

Post by kennyhowes »

Anyone have any pics of the FG's using Rics, or any info?
dougp
Veteran RRF member

Post by dougp »

Only on album covers ...

But I do own George Alexander's '68 4001FG (that's "Fireglo", not "Flamin' Groovies"), the one on the front cover of 'Teenage Head' (#516 on the registration page). And I love playing "Shake Some Action" and "First Plane Home" and "You Tore Me Down" on my 360/12 (not really authentic since I didn't take off two of the strings - and, oops, not yet registered I don't think).

The CD reissues of 'Flamingo' and 'Teenage Head' have lots of pictures of George playing his 4001. I think there may be a bunch in one of the Norton "live"/outtakes CD's, too (although at least one of them mostly has pics of George with his white Fender that replaced the Ric). And somewhere, I have the 'Bucketfull of Groovies' issue of 'Bucketfull of Brains' that has a picture of Chris Wilson playing a 360 with the Barracudas. But sadly, I don't think I have any photos of Cyril playing his 360/10. I could use one of those on a 4'x6' poster ... (the last times I saw him, he was using the Dan Armstrong that's also on the front cover of 'Teenage Head')

(Yes, I'm a huge fan ... flame away!)
My basses are Rickenbackers. My synthesizers and recording gear are analog.
chucksimms
Veteran RRF member

Post by chucksimms »

The Flamin' Groovies were great. 'Jumping in the Night' is a vastly underrated LP, IMHO. I always thought that 'Shake Some Action' was a great song/LP with terrible production. Too bad- it could be a classic otherwise.
'66 365 O.S. FG, '66 335 FG, '68 375 O.S., '66 330/12 MG, '69 365 O.S. azureglo, 2007 4001C64
jwilli
RRF Consultant

Post by jwilli »

I used to own Cyril's '65 360/12 FG, you can a pic of it at:
http://aurs.homestead.com/files/6536012c.jpg

Return to “Rickenbacker Artists”