Shameless self promotion

Let Us Know About Your Performances Past, Present and Future
brammy

Post by brammy »

Jerry... nice site, but to tell the truth I wasn't able to tell how many people were in the band until I searched and looked at your CD cover. The flashing pix on the homepage are interesting but a bit confusing to someone who's visiting the site for the first time.

I do get a kick out of this groovy pix-------->

“The urge to save humanity is always a false front for the urge to rule it.” ....H. L. Mencken
shamustwin

Post by shamustwin »

I think the 4005 would look nice in sea green with black pg & hardware. Just a chance to show off my white Beatle boots. I need a white belt to match.

There were three, now there are four.
We might play in England next year. Any tips? I don't mean cash, but that's welcome too.
shamustwin

Post by shamustwin »

Kent-I lived in Waikiki, worked in Aiea at the lab next to the animal quarantine. I had a brief solo musical stint at that steak house near the movie theaters. Did stuff like Slave to Love by Brian Ferry, Secret Separation by the Fixx, Handle With Care, the Wilburys. They thought I was nuts and the gig didn't last long.
brammy

Post by brammy »

Wow.... sorry, I've got no tips about playing in England. How did that come about? Where will you play?

(you guys should get a group photo in the same false/blue color ... all wearing helmets. Dang, maybe I'll use that idea myself!)

and that 4005 is way way cool.
“The urge to save humanity is always a false front for the urge to rule it.” ....H. L. Mencken
shamustwin

Post by shamustwin »

That would be the Cavern. We were invited for next year's IPO. Nobody else wants (can afford) to go. I've offered to pay air fair for my co-singer. We could probably dig up a drummer and rhythm guitarist there. I'd prefer to rent guitars there, I dislike traveling with a bunch. And I hear bringing CD's to sell is a headache.
tony_carey
Advanced Member

Post by tony_carey »

The Rampant Carnivores were actually named in honour of my friends vegetarian wife. It wasn't done to deliberately upset her, but it seemed like a good idea at the time. We've had no trouble so far.

T-shirts are on the way, but despite my ideas involving half a cow, they will actually be reasonably tasteful!
'Rickenbacker'...what a name! After all these years, it still thrills me.
brammy

Post by brammy »

>>>Love that "Keep yo' hainds to yo'self"! How does it go down with the audience?

very well... I do the signature intro chords and I notice that it never fails to turn heads. Its a fun song to do because of the louder/softer dynamics. The opening to "Cocaine" is like that too... people seem to get a kick out of it. To me its a bit weird... they're just power chords. For me, I prefer doing the licks to "Honey Dont", but thats just the rockabilly side of me coming through.
brammy

Post by brammy »

Jerry... that is way cool, although it sounds like a real adventure if you're going to try to pick up a drummer and a guitarist. Good luck with it. I visited the Liverpool and the (rebuilt) Cavern about 8 or 10 years ago. It was pretty empty when I saw it, but with the narrow tunnel and stone walls and (fairly) low ceilings I bet the acoustics are pretty crazy.
brammy

Post by brammy »

The Rampant Carnivores T-shirts.... Tony: hopefully they are not TOO tasteful. I WANT ONE!
ozover50
RRF Consultant

Post by ozover50 »

Me too, Tony. If it's possible to buy one and have it shipped to Oz when they become available, count me in!
"Never eat more than you can lift." - Mr. Moon
tony_carey
Advanced Member

Post by tony_carey »

I'll let you know when they're ready...hopefully quite soon.
'Rickenbacker'...what a name! After all these years, it still thrills me.

Return to “My Gig Forum”