RIC 760J on eBay

Vintage, Modern, V & C Series, Signature & Special Editions

Moderators: rickenbrother, ajish4

doctorwho
Veteran RRF member

RIC 760J on eBay

Post by doctorwho »

This one is a 760J (so technically, I think that makes it an "arch-top", not an acoustic) located in Australia:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=896648916

The ad is suspect due to (1) the seller having zero feedback, (2) the picture of the guitar being "canned", i.e. lifted from some website and not a pic of the actual guitar being sold. I have already sent this question to the seller:

If you could, please provide a real (i.e., not a 'canned' picture from some website) picture of the actual guitar for sale. Thanks!

We'll see whether the seller responds; I would expect a legitimate seller to do so!
It is better, of course, to know useless things than to know nothing. - Seneca
kennyhowes
Veteran RRF member

Post by kennyhowes »

I think it's been pulled!
doctorwho
Veteran RRF member

Post by doctorwho »

Yep, it certainly has. But interestingly, the seller just e-mailed me this message:

Date: Thu, 01 Aug 2002 14:41:57 -0500
Subject: Rickenbacker 760J

Dear Customer,
This excellent product that you are interested in will be shipped from Amsterdam ,Netherland and I will pay 100%
for 2 days shipping so you can have it within 2 days after you make the payment.
The unit is brand new sealed, in perfect working condition. Shipping will be made with UPS and will be insured against damages, double packed with anti-damage boxes .
I don't have any pics.
The payment for this product is very simple and fast, the accepted payment method are Western Union because is the first time when I make a deal with you.
In the near future the payments will be accepted directly from your credit card or bank account.

Sincerely
The patient...lolImage)

No price is mentioned! Also, I have >150 positive feedbacks on eBay, the seller has ZERO feedbacks, and the seller is worried about MY mode of payment? Naturally, the means of payment is by a non-secure (untraceable) means - perfect for the scam artists. I must admit that these clowns have a lot of nerve/gall/whatever!!!

I may reply to the seller, and if I do, I'll post that here, too.
doctorwho
Veteran RRF member

Post by doctorwho »

I responded to the seller:

Even without negotiating a price, I'll pass on this, mainly because the form of payment is not acceptable due to lack of traceability - keep in mind that it is I who has >150 positive feedbacks and you who has zero, so the security issue is in my favor in this instance.

Best regards,
The Doctor

Return to “Rickenbacker Guitars: by John Simmons”