Rickenbacker in Springsteen's Band

Artists Who Use Rickenbackers

Moderators: rickenbrother, ajish4

phaseshift

Rickenbacker in Springsteen's Band

Post by phaseshift »

I'm not up on who's in the E Street Band, whether there are non-E Street additional musicians on the tour, etc. But the tour opened tonight in East Rutherford, NJ, and the clip they played on ABC 7 Chicago included a tight shot of the body of a solid-body Rick. It appeared to my untrained eyes to be a 660 in Jetglo, although the TV picture did not look like it had a checkered binding. It definately had toasters, and the pickguard appeared to be gold. There was an inverted pink triangle pointing at the mix knob. I know it wasn't Broooce, who was playing a Telecaster, or Stevie Van Zandt, who I can only tell you was playing a black guitar that wasn't made by Rick, Fender or Gibson.

Anyone know more about this?
aladams

Post by aladams »

Well, at least there's one SMART musician in the E-Street band!!! AL A.
bluedave

Post by bluedave »

An inverted pink triangle does have a meaning, but I doubt it would tell you much about the guitar.

Semi-OT: Bruce was playing a tele with a bigsby on the mtv awards show. Question: how does that work? I thought a Bigsby needed to be fairly low in relation to the bridge, which on a telecaster is nearly flush with the body. Points to ponder.

Return to “Rickenbacker Artists”