RICKENCOUNTER OF THE FIRST KIND

Exceptional restoration is in the details

Moderator: jingle_jangle

brammy

Post by brammy »

Gold!!
“The urge to save humanity is always a false front for the urge to rule it.” ....H. L. Mencken
winston
Membership Admin

Post by winston »

I agree Alvaro. Perhaps it should be a 4003 bass headstock coffee table with a a white TRC and a twelve string counter top with a gold TRC.

That would be cool. I would like a coffee table for my guitar room in FG with a white TRC and a bound checker headstock. That would be nice.
“We can't solve problems by using the same kind of thinking we used when we created them.” - Albert Einstein

"You do not really understand something unless you can explain it to your grandmother" - Albert Einstein
jingle_jangle
RRF Moderator

Post by jingle_jangle »

Alvaro, I did it this way because I wanted something that said "Rickenbacker" to someone who knows Ricks, but didn't scream it like those Fender headstock coffee tables. So it has an appeal to everyone who takes time to notice it, not just the guitar folks.

But John's requirements are different from mine, and he can call the shots on whatever he would like. So I'll welcome his counter-suggestion.
“I say in speeches that a plausible mission of artists is to make people appreciate being alive at least a little bit. I am then asked if I know of any artists who pulled that off. I reply, 'The Beatles did.”
― Kurt Vonnegut
bigbajo60
Veteran RRF member

Post by bigbajo60 »

Yeah... of course it'll be the Hall's call! Image

We're all merely 'sounding off' in a benign, friendly, hopefully helpful way.

I was simply thinking that since a countertop in the lobby of RIC's offices would be a feature of a 'corporate' environment, a more 'commercially overt' design would be more appropriate... you know; never let 'em forget "THE COMPANY"!Image
My first bass was a Rickenbacker...
My best bass is a Rickenbacker...
My last bass may very well be a Rickenbacker
jwilli
RRF Consultant

Post by jwilli »

Paul, that is killer! I've seen tables in the shape of a Fender headstock advertised in guitar mags before but I would actually buy one of yours.
beatlefan

Post by beatlefan »

Paul...that is excellent work!

Great to see that type of ingenuity on this forum!

beautiful....
1973 4001 MG cb fwi
1986 4003 Shadow
2012 4004Cii FG w/gold trim

Return to “Reflections of a Curmudgeon: by Paul Wilczynski”