Biran Jonestown Massacre's Gear Stolen

News, weather & sports

Moderators: ajish4, cjj

indytone

Biran Jonestown Massacre's Gear Stolen

Post by indytone »

http://pitchforkmedia.com/news/05-09/21.shtml#brianjonestownmassacre

A couple Ricks and other nice stuff in that batch. I'm actually surprised Anton hadn't sold off much of that gear for drugs already.
rob
Veteran RRF member

Post by rob »

After all the other exact descriptions of their stolen equiptment, I like how they call their bass "Red Rickenbacker Bass."

All jokes aside, having all your gear stolen must be a complete bummer.
callingheroes

Post by callingheroes »

Dig! is one of the funniest band films I've ever seen! Spinal Tap eat your heart out!!!
Found a forum at last!
longhouse
Advanced Member

Post by longhouse »

A year or so ago, Over The Rhine had all their gear stolen. Frank Black lost his stuff -including some 50s Teles a few years before that.

The Church lost a fortune in gear from their manager's office around '90, among the items stolen were some irreplaceable Rics (Capris, 1993s).

Absconding with a musician's instruments not only robs them of the tools of their trade but also takes away the conduit of their art. I, like many artists, compose on different instruments and I'm VERY attached to the guitars I own. At the risk of coming off like a Seattle street preacher, there is an undeniable imbuement and connection between a musician and his/her instrument of choice.

To take that away is unforgiveable.
Shaking the floor of Heaven
dswp

Post by dswp »

I highly recommend that if your gear is stolen, call Vintage Guitar Magazine and list the items in the stolen gear section. I think it might even be free.

I know I check it every month.
rob
Veteran RRF member

Post by rob »

At least one thing is different between getting your car stolen versus getting your guitars stolen. That would be your stolen guitar would not end up in a chop shop.

Return to “News At 11”