Third Day

Artists Who Use Rickenbackers

Moderators: rickenbrother, ajish4

steve_hall

Third Day

Post by steve_hall »

One of today's most awesome Christian/southern rock outfits is Third Day. They have released some great stuff. One is a TERRIFFIC album in particular entitled 'Offerings'. If anyone gets this CD, open up the jewel case and look at the picture behind the CD-it is of the group on live on stage with a guy in the crowd lifting his praises up to God. The lead singer/rythm guitarist, Mac Powell is playing a Rick 360 WB Fireglo. He plays it on a few songs on this live/studio release. Specifically on "My Hope Is You" and "King Of Glory". All of the songs on this are just incredible, so don't just check it out to see the Rick. You will see how dedicated they are to pouring their hearts out for the glory of Christ!
aladams

Post by aladams »

I agree Steve! Third Day IS an awesome group. Their music rivals anything in the secular world...and the singer has a voice that is truely memorable...kinda like the singer for CREED. I guess the Spirit is the reason for such creativity and remarkable songs. Keep the Faith!!! God Bless...AL A.
steve_hall

Post by steve_hall »

Al: Third Day has gotten a lot of flack for sounding a lot like Creed. However, these guys were making music before Creed ever made it big. Creed tries to be "spritual". The only thing is Third Day are the real thing! They make music that is 100% more fulfilling and better for jumping and jiving. They grow with every album they make. Creed only copies their last two albums over and over. I am not trying to bash Creed. I just would like to show people there is good Christian music out there. Also check out Mr. Keaggy and the late Rich Mullins and the Ragamuffing Band.
jaybyrd
Veteran RRF member

Post by jaybyrd »

Steve and Al, I have had the CD for a while, but I never noticed the pic behind it before. Great to know about more Ricks out there! My favorite cut from the CD is Thief. Powerful stuff and great music!
Nothing compares to the sound of a Rick 12 with a JangleBox and a touch of chorus.
melibreits

Post by melibreits »

I just joined this forum a couple of days ago, but am always eager to jump in to talk about one of my favorite bands! For an even better view of Mac Powell's RIC go to their website's "Extras" page: http://www.thirdday.com/extras.htm (do links work here?) You can download this great picture of the band right to your desktop. I hope to hear Mac play the RIC more on their newest release, "Offerings 2."
"Once I've held and played the best, baby, I won't settle for less!"

Return to “Rickenbacker Artists”