Ric and silverchair

Artists Who Use Rickenbackers

Moderators: rickenbrother, ajish4

carr

Ric and silverchair

Post by carr »

I spotted the lead of silverchair with a ric ,possibly a 330 fireglow reissue. The clip was just too quick for me to register . BY the time my brain registered ***Ric*** the clip was over
headbanger
Veteran RRF member

Post by headbanger »

It's a 330/12fg. Good to see a contemporary guitarist using a Rick. Trouble is no one seems to have heard of them/him(Daniel Johns)...see the "What artist is deserving of a signature series" thread.
corey

Post by corey »

I don't know how much video airplay down in the states Canadian groups like Sloan and The Tea Party get, but some of their videos are virtual Rickebacker commercials, which is great to see.
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

Gerry: Bang your head again and bite your tongue. LOL. While you are right, Daniel Johns may not a household word on this Forum, Silverchair is well known to many with a following in Canada. My kids have followed them for years now, at least since the mid 1990s. They have a great site. Should you find a photo of Daniel with his 330/12 please do send it along. Another great group from OZ.
Life, as with music, often requires one to let go of the melody and listen to the rhythm

Please join the Official RickResource Forum Facebook Page https://www.facebook.com/groups/379271585440277
carr

Post by carr »

Another Aussie I saw a while back in an Old clip was Red symons with a ric but I only saw the headstock so I dont know the model. For Non Aussies Red Symons played in a band called Skyhooks who achieved fame AND notoriety in OZ and NZ . Dont know about the rest of the world. I think the lyrics of " Living in the seventies" is still relevant, perhaps even more so today.

.....walks off whistling "you just like me cos I'm good in bed"
headbanger
Veteran RRF member

Post by headbanger »

One of the Twilights(Little ray of sunshine) used a 1997.
Skyhooks were a great band - shame Red could hardly play a note. He looked good though...
Peter: I gave that up years ago...bit my tongue too often...LOL
My point on the Sig series thread was that new talent should be considered.

Return to “Rickenbacker Artists”