The new old guy in town

General Rickenbacker discussion

Moderators: rickenbrother, ajish4

wkfoot

The new old guy in town

Post by wkfoot »

An announcement seems a bit much, but as a new primate on the block I would like to say Hi and make whatever bits and pieces of drivel I have on some subjects available to others who might find them useful or entertaining. I am a fellow who had his 370/12 stolen in about 1970. I have replaced it to the best of my ability with a reissue 360/12, which I promptly took a router to and added the missing toaster. I have several twelves including two Rics and they seem to be addictive. I own a studio for audio and video production in Phx Az (32 tracks, PROTOOLS thru a 56 channel board. I have read bits of this site for quite a while and enjoyed it immensly.
aladams

Post by aladams »

Welcome, WKFoot!!! Sorry to hear of your loss...one never quite recovers completely from something like that. Sounds like you're not too shy with the router either! and you have a studio too?!?!?!?! Actually you aren't too far from me (Albuquerque NM) one of these days when I'm crusing your neighborhood with my Ric 325, I'll have to drop by and maybe we can bang out a couple of old Beatle tunes! Good luck and I'm ready for any Ric experience you have to share. AL A.
wkfoot

Post by wkfoot »

well Neighbor Al, as to routers, one of my first jobs, (shortly after dirt was invented) was as a guitar tech in a music store. I wasn't great but, I knew a bit more than the customer! At the time that wasn't saying much. No complaints though so I guess I did it right. When I decided to play again after a long break as production arranger guy, I thought about which of the fifty or so guitars I had owned I missed most. It was the Ric 370. The studio is open and pretty much state of the art. I finally have more tracks and inputs than I need.Drop on by.

Return to “Rickenbacker General: by Howard Bishop”