It Has Happened Again...

Vintage, Modern, V & C Series, Signature & Special Editions

Moderators: rickenbrother, ajish4

corey

It Has Happened Again...

Post by corey »

I was not strong enough to resist placing an order for another Rickenbacker...

To compliment my 360 MG and 360/12 FG, I will sometime in the new year be the proud owner of a brand new 381v69 JG.

Once you start with Ric, you can't ever stop!

Many thanks to this forum for providing me with the guidance to make an informed decision once again!
lawnjockie

Post by lawnjockie »

Congrats! Now the wait begins.
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

Corey: Congratulations. We should remind you of the road ahead when it comes to Rickenbackers though. Please read this.
Life, as with music, often requires one to let go of the melody and listen to the rhythm

Please join the Official RickResource Forum Facebook Page https://www.facebook.com/groups/379271585440277
wmthor
Veteran RRF member

Post by wmthor »

Congratulations Corey on your third Ric. I too have been afflicted with RAS (Ric Addiction Syndrome). However, since I'm a lefty, my RAS is harder to cure. I'm awaiting for my fourth Ric, a 730L LH.
'96 1997 LH MG
'98 360 LH MG
'00 360/12 Carl Wilson LH FG
'07 730S Shiloh LH
ricnvolved

Post by ricnvolved »

"Ric-itis" truly is a "disease" for which there is no cure as long as the afflicted person continues to walk this earth. Though my own particular case is low-grade, it IS there nonetheless.......... and chronic.

Or perhaps "terminal" would be a more apt description.

Strange to think about, but the treatment for this disease is simply more of what's making you "sick" to begin with.

"Good on ya", Corey. Let us know when that 381V69 "treatment" comes in. :-))
melibreits

Post by melibreits »

Okay, guys....I have glanced at this thread several times, and now just have to reply, as the deadly "ric-itis" bug is giving me (and my eBay-crazed husband) the jangle of our lives.... 2 rics in 1 week! ....And I only got my first Ric last June (a 330 fireglo). I loved it so much that my husband bought me a 330-12 jetglo in August. I had thought those two would be the only rics I would ever have, but then he found this awesome Midnight Blue 330 with black pickguard and hardware last week, and bought it, over my "protests." I guess it's a good thing that husbands don't always listen to their wives (LOL!), because this one plays totally different from my other 330's--a real bad boy with an attitude that begs to be hit, hard....that must be why it's black and blue! Where my other 2 rics are kind of mellow, this one snarls back....It was born to rock! I love it! And then, just a few days later, the axe of my dreams came up on eBay, (a gorgeous '67 fireglo 360), and we knew it was one of those "now or never" moments (there's also a story there), so we bought it! It's on the way now, and I just can't wait..... Maybe it's not "ric-itis," it could just be a flaming case of "ric-insanity!"
"Once I've held and played the best, baby, I won't settle for less!"
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

Melissa: Buying a Rickenbacker brings out the fill range of emotions and at times challenges the strongest of relationships. Thanks for sharing your thoughts. One thing is for sure, the world would be a much more relaxed place for "Rickenbacker Families" had all buying spouses a partner such as yourself. Thanks for expressing your thoughts and the best of luck in buying your next Rickenbacker.
Life, as with music, often requires one to let go of the melody and listen to the rhythm

Please join the Official RickResource Forum Facebook Page https://www.facebook.com/groups/379271585440277
melibreits

Post by melibreits »

Thanks, Peter! I just clicked on your above link about Rickenbacker addiction...... OOOoooooohhhh, I've got it bad!
doctorwho
Veteran RRF member

Post by doctorwho »

There is definitely a fascination/addiction with Rickenbackers like no other. My problem is that it always seems that I run across yet another one that's either 'too good a price' or 'too unusual/rare/different' to pass up. This is on-going even now: I have a lead on a 4003s/5 MID BT and it falls into BOTH of those categories. As if 20+ Rickenbackers aren't enough already!!!!
It is better, of course, to know useless things than to know nothing. - Seneca
ricnvolved

Post by ricnvolved »

Melissa Breitsprecher's husband is an extremely fortunate man. I think it's safe to say that the overwhelming majority of us with "Ric-itis" are male. And how many of us would be deliriously happy to have a wife or girlfriend who was simply benignly tolerant of our Ric-itis?

But to actually be married to a woman who is not only pleasantly tolerant, but genuinely shares in this affliction................................... Good lord alive!!! It's almost too much to comprehend.

Folks, you'll have to excuse me for a few minutes; all this has got me feeling a little faint. Maybe sipping on a cold drink while I lie down over here will help with this feeling of disjointed reality.
philipnz

Post by philipnz »

Well I have just changed my plans a little. A couple of months ago I put my name down for one of the 380lpz's that Mike Parks had on order thinking that I needed a lead guitar. In my band I am lead vocals, rhythmn guitar and, increasingly, keyboards. I get to play lead on a coupel of songs. I thought the 380 would be good for lead (as it undoubtably is) and the accoustic sound would also be good.
A little while ago I unwound my 11k toasters back to 7. This meant my 360v64 tone was very similar to my 660/12. It meant I could cut back the treble on my ac30. And now I can extract a wide array of tones from the 360v64. I always loved the feel of it (it was my first ric and purchased on feel alone. I bought it before I had even plugged it in). So now I am using it across all songs. I love the look of the v64 with its double binding, toasters, full width triangle neck markers, trapeze tail piece. It matches the 660/12 perfectly. I also have a 325v63 which is a lot of fun, a '62 reissue strat and an original steinberger. I used to use the strat live for the "heavy" and lead songs but now I'm happy just using the 360v64 and 660/12.
I have swapped my order over to a 730 Laramie 12 string in fireglo to match my 360 and 660. I know its going to be ages coming but I cant wait to see them lined up together along with the JG 325v63
melibreits

Post by melibreits »

Jeff, actually it seems there is a bit of a misconception here.....My husband really does not have the bug at all, unless it's by osmomis--he doesn't even play, although he did mess around with a 4001 bass a little when he was in college (inspired by Geddy Lee, you know).... Anyway, he surprised me with my first Ric last summer; it was an anniversary present that totally rocked my world! I don't think he knew he was introducing me to a "rival" at the time (I had basically put all guitar playing on hold since having kids), but the Ric was love at first jangle, and I haven't stopped playing since....and he has continued to buy me wonderful rics as he sees my playing improve (Really, the only one I asked for was the 12-string, and he got a good deal on it).....So it's really not that he is so fortunate to be married to me, but I am very, very, fortunate (make that BLESSED!) to be married to him! By the way, guys, go and buy your wives something that would be as wonderful to them as a brand new Ric would be to you--you won't be sorry, LOL! Oh, he also bought me a VOX Valvetronix amp for Valentine's Day, but that is a whole different story....he really does spoil me rotten!
corey

Post by corey »

As an update to this thread I started...my dealer phoned me on Sunday to inform me that my 381v69 JG is expected in their next shipment - in about 3 weeks!
paul_yan
RRF Consultant

Post by paul_yan »

Mega congratulations, Corey!!!
melibreits

Post by melibreits »

Congrats, Corey! My 1967 360 fireglo just came yesterday, and it is everything I dreamed it would be and more.... The Ric-o-sound rocks (Don't know how I played without it...)! Time to go play!

Return to “Rickenbacker Guitars: by John Simmons”