My first RIC, thanks to everyone

General Rickenbacker discussion

Moderators: rickenbrother, ajish4

longcolt

My first RIC, thanks to everyone

Post by longcolt »

I recently purchased a 330 FG. This is my first RIC. I have been playing a little over a year. I have 2 Strats, A Tele, And now the RIC. I'm in love and may never go back! My thanks to all of you for "forcing" me to buy the RIC. It may be my first, but certainly not my last. It's truly a wonderful sounding instrument and a beauty to look at. Again, my thanks to all of you!
banta
Veteran RRF member

Post by banta »

...and another one trickles into the fold.

Congrats, enjoy it.
ricnvolved

Post by ricnvolved »

William-- There's no known cure for this disease. Consider yourself terminal. The only way to treat the symptoms is to keep collecting more Rics.
wormdiet
Intermediate Member

Post by wormdiet »

No contest between Ricks and strats. . . Don't own a ric but I'm looking.. Did the one-to-one taste test today. For the life of me, I cannot get a good sound out of a fender. Ricks, it's easy!
"The only worthwhile conquests are those wrested from ignorance"
-Napoleon
corey

Post by corey »

On a personal note, I am in the process of converting a close friend of mine from a Strat to the 650 Dakota. Although, I think he's falling in love with my 360 cousins as well...
wmthor
Veteran RRF member

Post by wmthor »

William, congratulations on your first Ric acquisition. Having 3 Rics with a fourth on order (all leftys), I can attest to Jeffery's comment that there is no known cure for RAS (Rickenbacker Acquisition Syndrome).

Okay, I do have to admit that I own one Strat.
'96 1997 LH MG
'98 360 LH MG
'00 360/12 Carl Wilson LH FG
'07 730S Shiloh LH
wormdiet
Intermediate Member

Post by wormdiet »

I like strats a lot! But, for the life of me, whenever *I* play one, they sound nasal and thin. Doesn;t matter what amp, MIM or american. I guess I am cursed to have excellent taste in guitars;)
"The only worthwhile conquests are those wrested from ignorance"
-Napoleon
banta
Veteran RRF member

Post by banta »

It's ok to have something other than a Ric. Image I have a Jackson to complement my 620 and I'm really a bass player. Image
ricnvolved

Post by ricnvolved »

I'm with Brad on the Fender angle. A high quality Jazzmaster, Tele, or Strat are perfectly acceptable additions to one's collection. Precision & Jazz basses are also great instruments for us bass players. I even like a few select Gibsons and the Hofner Verythin Hollowbody guitars. But........... Rickenbacker uber alles!
steve_hall

Post by steve_hall »

I have to say that Rick's are awesome. They have the most beautifully crafted guitars and dynamic pickup output of any others out there. My 370/6 (with Toasters and a Duncan Firebird pu in the bridge position) is my favorite guitar. I also own a Fender Am. Tele (w/ high output Duncan pu's that make it 100% better) and a Heritage H-535 (Built by the guys that stayed in Kalamazoo after Gibson bailed for Nashville) that is my second favorite axe. If I didn't like RIC so much, Heritage would be my favorite. A 340 Rick is coming soon to my collection.
steve_hall

Post by steve_hall »

P.S. Congrats and welcome to the club Will! Sorry for gloating. I am excited with what I have too.
longcolt

Post by longcolt »

Thanks to all for the warm welcome. I took the RIC to the local music store (they don't carry RICS)to "show it off", okay I'm shameless. Well between the crowd that formed, the ooo's and aah's and comments received, all I can say is It's great being a member of "the Club". I've had my 15 minutes of fame. Can't wait for the next one!

Return to “Rickenbacker General: by Howard Bishop”