Any interest for a confluence in Canada ???

Planning or looking for a Rickenbacker conference? Start here.

Moderators: rickenbrother, ajish4

bitzerguy
RRF Consultant

Post by bitzerguy »

Ok Ric fans. Who can get to Toronto for Sep. 11, 12 or 13 (Monday, Tuesday and Wednesday). Aitch will be in town the evening of the 11th, I'm taking those days off and driving in from Montreal that day. We are looking at staying near downtown. A room for a meet might be possible, but for a fee.

We'll have at least a 330 and a 660/12, with a 350V63 possibly, and a couple of portable amps.

How about it folks? Who's interested in coming?

...Dean
...Dean
Never, ever drool on your surf shirt. It wrecks the solo.

660/12FG, 350V63/6FG, 620/6JG, 360WB/6DBG, Dingwall C1 #001, Prestige Heritage Elite FM
ozover50
RRF Consultant

Post by ozover50 »

In fact I'll be in town the evenings of the 11th, 12th and 13th, so any of those nights would probably suit.

Better make sure the bathroom is acoustically suitable, Dean!! ImageImageImage
"Never eat more than you can lift." - Mr. Moon
bitzerguy
RRF Consultant

Post by bitzerguy »

Always Aitch! You remembered! Gotta have my reverb!! Most hotel bathrooms have a lot of ceramic. That'll help for sure. ImageImage

Maybe I'll bring my Takamine acoustic and the device I helped develop to imitate that bathroom effect without an amp. Not really a Ric though.

..Dean
...Dean

660/12FG, 350V63/6FG, 620/6JG, 360WB/6DBG, Dingwall C1 #001, Prestige Heritage Elite FM
ozover50
RRF Consultant

Post by ozover50 »

A guitar is a guitar, Dean... and I'd be interested to hear it.
ozover50
RRF Consultant

Post by ozover50 »

Well, I remembered but it was Melissa who really remembered! Image
icabod

Post by icabod »

If we need a small p.a., I can bring one, also my svt 1/2 stack, as well as a blues jr., and my 4001c64, as well as some other goodies.
expomick
Intermediate Member

Post by expomick »

I can bring my 381 and my 360-12...okay, not all that exciting, but hey, why not?
How much!?!
bitzerguy
RRF Consultant

Post by bitzerguy »

Any Ric is exciting, and the more we get, the more exciting it'll be. A 330, 381, 360-12, 4001C64 and 660-12 in the same room together is a pretty exciting evening, not to mention the great forumite owners.

At this point in time, the only place we have to do this is a downtown hotel room or conference room at the going rates of $200+ for the day, so any amps bigger than about 5-10 watts may not be possible. I am not familiar enough with the Toronto area, but if any of you know where we can get a studio, pub, or can help with some inexpensive rental space, please let us know.

At this point I am planning to bring a Vox DA5 or Roland Micro Cube. Howard said he is bringing a portable amp as well.

...Dean
...Dean

ozover50
RRF Consultant

Post by ozover50 »

Absolutely, Mick - bring 'em on!! I will have seen and touched (and maybe even played) a 381 by then, so whilst it will not be a new experience, it will none the less be another memorable one!

Hopefully my portable amp will be in my hot little hands today.... Image
stubby
Intermediate Member

Post by stubby »

I'm in too! Hopefully I should have my 360/6 BBR and a VOX AD30VT by then and I can bring the others (acoustic, bouzouki, mando). Unfortunately, as a teacher, I don't think I can cut class on the second week of school but I can make it home at a reasonable hour and just drag myself through the class the next day.

I'll think about venues, I might come up with something.
stubby
Intermediate Member

Post by stubby »

And I have a PA too if need be - with enough room for all of us.
ozover50
RRF Consultant

Post by ozover50 »

I'm told I sing about as well as Lee Marvin, Bill, so I don't think you guys will want to hear me!

I'm only an average player also, so that might be a trial for you as well........... Image
captsandwich
Intermediate Member

Post by captsandwich »

If I'm home that week I'm in.
My band rehearses at a place that rents in 3 hr blocks. It's near the harbour, maybe a 10 min cab ride from the Travelodge. I can pick up a couple of people, I live pretty close to there, but I drive a Golf. Studio provides: full pa, drums, bass amp & 2 guitar amps, minimum.(on a weeknight we could probably ask for a couple more amps)= $50 for 3 hrs. We'd have to bring a twofour, though. ;)
Lemme graze into your veldt/ lemme stomple your albino/lemme nibble on your buds/ I'm your Love Rhino
ozover50
RRF Consultant

Post by ozover50 »

Twofour, Greg? Is that a drink-related term?

Beer down here comes in flat packs of 24 called 'slabs'. Jeez.... I play even worse with a few under the belt! Image
captsandwich
Intermediate Member

Post by captsandwich »

I always knew Canadians & Australians were brothers at heart. Case of 24 beers = twofour, case or suitcase (in some parts).
I play worse, but I sound better.

Also, the amps in the studio are usually a Marshall half stack (yuck!) or something resembling a Fender vibrolux (sometimes Peavy copies that sound surprisingly good).
Lemme graze into your veldt/ lemme stomple your albino/lemme nibble on your buds/ I'm your Love Rhino

Return to “Rickenbacker Conferences and Confluences”