Any interest for a confluence in Canada ???

Planning or looking for a Rickenbacker conference? Start here.

Moderators: rickenbrother, ajish4

ozover50
RRF Consultant

Post by ozover50 »

Hmmmm........... sounds like a good name for a song - "Brothers in Cans". Image
"Never eat more than you can lift." - Mr. Moon
stubby
Intermediate Member

Post by stubby »

No dice on possible venues in the inquiries I made. I like the sound of Greg's idea though 3 hours seems like a short block.

The alternative of course would be to book with a pub/hotel. I think it'd be easy to find a place that would be interested in hosting a session, particularly one that had a "theme" with an international flavour. It's also a weekday so that'd help. I guess the only complication would be equipment/set-up.

For you Torontonians, think the Gladstone might go for something like this?
icabod

Post by icabod »

If everybody would'nt mind an 1-1/2 hr drive north of Toronto, I could get us a place at Buddy's new rest./bar in Victoria Harbour, gear would be no problem and I could most likely talk one of my drummer buddies to be our house dummer, he needs a break from the Abba stuff he usually plays, the place is right on the water, with lots of room to display instruments etc. and his food is good...any ideas?
icabod

Post by icabod »

oops; I called the drummer something they need to be called sometimes...
icabod

Post by icabod »

Also; for those that need a ric 12 sound fix, 5 days a week from noon to 2:00pm on cbc's Ontario to-day program, the music track they play tagging in and out features the 12 thru the 2 hr program, whoever recorded that makes very good use of it....cbc radio 1 and sirius 137

Return to “Rickenbacker Conferences and Confluences”