4003/S5 Bridge?

Vintage, Modern, V & C series, Fretless, Signature & Special Editions

Moderators: rickenbrother, ajish4

hoop

4003/S5 Bridge?

Post by hoop »

I am looking for a brass bridge in good condition for a 4003/S5 to purchase. I may also be interested in a Chrome tail piece for that same model bass.
jwr2

Post by jwr2 »

Hoop:

They are made out of Brass covered with Chrome ... this will be hard to find ... but good luck ... you may have to find a good machinist ...

Jeff
hoop

Post by hoop »

At this point Jeff, I would except anything made for the S5 in good condition and metal.
Thanks for your input!
banta
Veteran RRF member

Post by banta »

Does Rickenbacker not have any bridges left?
jwr2

Post by jwr2 »

They are out of 4003s5 spare parts ...

Also they are running out of the black trim spare parts.
banta
Veteran RRF member

Post by banta »

I still prefer the black hardware, and am distressed that they are doing away with it. Does anyone know why they are discontinuing black? My last four Rics have had black hardware.
johnhall
RIC

Post by johnhall »

Simple- almost no demand for it. I'm like you, I like it, which is why I did it in the first place. But with so few people wanting it, it's not worth the nightmare of having all those extra items in inventory.
hoop

Post by hoop »

I would settle for purple right now as I cannot find one (new or used) at all... HELP!
jeff_ulmer
Intermediate Member

Post by jeff_ulmer »

I like black too, but would prefer the option of black nameplate/pickguard with chrome hardware. I assume the nameplates and pickguards in black will be vanishing soon?
jwilli
RRF Consultant

Post by jwilli »

Ha! I have to admit that I hate the black hardware, EXCEPT when it was used on the Tuxedo models in '87. It just reminded me of the 1980s...(vomit). :-)
banta
Veteran RRF member

Post by banta »

John Hall said "Simple- almost no demand for it. I'm like you, I like it, which is why I did it in the first place. But with so few people wanting it, it's not worth the nightmare of having all those extra items in inventory."

What about if you only offered it on a few select models and at an additional cost, say $100? I just hate seeing it go altogether as I can't imagine purchasing a new bass with chrome or gold hardware. Image
jwr2

Post by jwr2 »

I like my tuxedo looking 4003s5

jwr2

Post by jwr2 »

banta
Veteran RRF member

Post by banta »

Nice one, Jeff. Image
My current Rics with black hardware:
'86 4003
'93 4003S/5
'91 620

(I don't know how to make them show up as an image. How's that done?)
hoop

Post by hoop »

Absolutely beautiful Jeff (I am drooling!). I hope that soon I will be holding one of these, myself!! There is just one thing standing in my way---- NO BRIDGE! I didn't find anyone with a spare for sell so how about this?

Is there a machinist out there that could build an S5 bridge?

Return to “Rickenbacker Basses: by Joey Vasco & Tony Cabibe”