Parallel Mono????

Vintage, Modern, V & C Series, Signature & Special Editions

Moderators: rickenbrother, ajish4

frosteh

Parallel Mono????

Post by frosteh »

On standard 360 models it states that you shouldn't have guitar leads plugged into both "Ric-o-sound" and "Standard" jack sockets at the same time.

Does this apply to the 360V64 or can you hook up an amp to each of the jack sockets?
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

Steve: In the case of the 360V64 the same mono signal is present regardless of what socket you use. The conflict that exists in the case of the models using Rick-O-Sound is not present in the 360V64. In practical terms, I can see no good reason to use both jacks with the 360V64, however, on the otherhand I can see no harm in giving it a whirl. It would involve using two mono jacks. My suspicion is that the mono version was the forerunner of the Rick-O-Sound. It exists today as it is one of those features that was stock during the vintage days.

This would be an excellent question for John Hall.
Life, as with music, often requires one to let go of the melody and listen to the rhythm

Please join the Official RickResource Forum Facebook Page https://www.facebook.com/groups/379271585440277
frosteh

Post by frosteh »

Thanks Pete, I was thinking of experimenting with 2 separtate effects units through to a Vox AC30Tb and Marshall Valestate 80 to see what sort of sounds I could get.
I'm just a bit worried I might damage the pickups or electrics
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

Steve: On the basis of your equipment, I see your point. I would wait to see what John Hall or other techs may have to say before going full steam ahead.
Life, as with music, often requires one to let go of the melody and listen to the rhythm

Please join the Official RickResource Forum Facebook Page https://www.facebook.com/groups/379271585440277
johnhall
RIC

Post by johnhall »

The whole point of dual mono is to be able to plug into both simultaneously. Two amps, two effects loops, whatever . . .
frosteh

Post by frosteh »

Thanks folks
doctorwho
Veteran RRF member

Post by doctorwho »

Steve, I've used both mono outputs simultaneously on my 360CW and my 370/12v64 into two amps with no ill effects to guitar or amps. I used the 370/12v64 to tweak the settings on my Crate GX-40C+ to match (as closely as possible) the sound coming out of my 1968 Fender Twin Reverb, with excellent results. The Crate's so much easier to lug around!
It is better, of course, to know useless things than to know nothing. - Seneca

Return to “Rickenbacker Guitars: by John Simmons”