Burgundy 340vp/12

Vintage, Modern, V & C Series, Signature & Special Editions

Moderators: rickenbrother, ajish4

red330

Burgundy 340vp/12

Post by red330 »

Hi everyone

This is my first post..........
I have just ordered a burgundy 340vp 12 string and am very excited............I have never played a ric with toasters on them (or a 12 string for that matter!).......

My current rics are a solid red 330/6 (black trim/chrome hardware) ....and a 380l pz.......

So.......can I expect great things from my 340vp/12?
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

Andrew: Welcome aboard. I am sure you will be very pleased with your 340/12 Burgundyglo. This is an attractive finish. There is nothing like the Rickenbacker 12-string sound.
Life, as with music, often requires one to let go of the melody and listen to the rhythm

Please join the Official RickResource Forum Facebook Page https://www.facebook.com/groups/379271585440277
jwilli
RRF Consultant

Post by jwilli »

Talk about an attractive finish.........here's my '03 350V63 in BG.
www.homestead.com/aurs3/350v63BG.html
red330

Post by red330 »

thanks for the welcome Peter...........

The burgungyglo finish I love.......I prefer the solid colours..........
John, you 350v63 is beautiful, I hope mine will look as good when it arrives, I will attempt to post a picture......*attempt* mind you..........

I live in the UK (Scotland), and bought the 340 in the US, so between shipping and import taxes it cost an extra $460 (ouch!).......worth every penny though I'm sure.
squirebass
Veteran RRF member

Post by squirebass »

John,
The 'guards on your 350v63 BG look almost like they are gold... Surely that's an optical illusion, right? (or maybe just something screwed up with the resolution on my monitor!).
Very pretty guitar! I'm currently waiting to take delivery on a 350v63 in Montezuma Brown, and I read somewhere that the 350 is a very underrated guitar, especially for lead. I hope that is true.
"This is the big one, Elizabeth, I'm coming to join ya, honey!"
jwilli
RRF Consultant

Post by jwilli »

Gene, the guards on the 350 Burgandy are the stock white ones. Hmmm, Montezuma Brown 350, cool. I might order one. Still looking for a 350V63 in Sea Green...........
squirebass
Veteran RRF member

Post by squirebass »

I can't help you with a 350v63 Sea Green, I'm sorry to say... So do you like this guitar, John? I know you are not one to get fixated on one axe! Tell me what your experiences are with the 350...
"This is the big one, Elizabeth, I'm coming to join ya, honey!"
jwilli
RRF Consultant

Post by jwilli »

Gene, I think that the guitar is a classic and I don't know why they aren't more popular. I know that Lennon never played one, but he probably would've had he had the chance. It is what it is....a full sale 325, right? Ok, ok a full scale 320 with vintage appointments. It's very light weight. It sounds like a RIC, what more can you ask?
frosteh

Post by frosteh »

John,
ricsrus.com has a turquoise 350V63.
You can also put the sea green in the wish list on the site.
He's pretty good at tracking down non-standard rics.
frosteh

Post by frosteh »

BTW Andrew, which part of Scotland you stay in?
red330

Post by red330 »

I live in Kilsyth Steve. about 14 miles outside Glasgow........
wormdiet
Intermediate Member

Post by wormdiet »

"I know that Lennon never played one, but he probably would've had he had the chance. It is what it is....a full sale 325, right? Ok, ok a full scale 320 with vintage appointments. It's very light weight. It sounds like a RIC, what more can you ask? "

Aren't 350's of any variety significantly more expensive than comparable models? Although it's a different shaped body style, it's in many ways similar to others in the 300 series. For those of us for whom it's a financial reach even to get one Rick, the tradeoffs of a 350 vs. a 330 just don't make much sense.
"The only worthwhile conquests are those wrested from ignorance"
-Napoleon
jwilli
RRF Consultant

Post by jwilli »

There are differences nonetheless. The 350V63 has a 21 fret neck, & all vintage appointments (pickups, tuners, trussrod cover, knobs, etc....) Personally, I would prefer that all model RICs had the 21 fret necks and vintage parts, but thats just me :-)
wormdiet
Intermediate Member

Post by wormdiet »

Good points - I think we're saying the same things from a different angle. For a first-time or entry-level buyer, vintage appointments aren't enough of a difference to shell out $$$ over. OTOH for a guitar collector, such things become more significant.

Here's a question: given a 350 and a 330, would Joe Average Guitar Player be able to hear the difference in a blind taste-test (assuming vintage pu's for consistency) ??
"The only worthwhile conquests are those wrested from ignorance"
-Napoleon
jwilli
RRF Consultant

Post by jwilli »

I don't think that anybody could hear the difference. If they claimed that they could, they should apply for a job in a sound laboratory.
:-)

Return to “Rickenbacker Guitars: by John Simmons”