Ryder 1000/Combo

Vintage, Modern, V & C Series, Signature & Special Editions

Moderators: rickenbrother, ajish4

krishna

Ryder 1000/Combo

Post by krishna »

I recently acquired a weird little short-scale Rickenbacker - its labelled as a "Ryder", has a body that most similar to the "Electro" models from the mid-60s - like a 425 with the crest of the wave cut off.

Single toaster pickup with long pole pieces, aluminum bridge, combo tailpiece, Kluson tuners, and a brown case. Scrawled in the control cavity .. looks 450 .. scratched over .. and then "1000" ..

Serial # on the tailpiece is: ED 797

Very cool little toy .. anybody know more about the Ryders .. I have seen pictures of a few others, but with a 425 body style.

The guitar is ridiculously clean .. though fret slots look over cut .. was this done on some Ricks ?

Pictures are posted here:
http://briefcase.yahoo.com/valakrishna
under "ryder combo 1000"

krishna
sir_andrew_of_left_coast
Veteran RRF member

Post by sir_andrew_of_left_coast »

I don't see a "ryder combo 1000" folder...?
Member #03
krishna

Post by krishna »

Oops .. sorry ... I made it a private folder by accident .. its public now .. you should be able to view it.
wmthor
Veteran RRF member

Post by wmthor »

Here's a pic of my nephew's 1000. Found it at a LA garage sale in 1998 and gave it to him as a Christmas present.
'96 1997 LH MG
'98 360 LH MG
'00 360/12 Carl Wilson LH FG
'07 730S Shiloh LH
krishna

Post by krishna »

Cool little guitar - and thats the typical body style I have seen for a 1000 - my Ryder differs in that it has a concave inner cut on the BASS cutaway - as opposed to convex on the guitar pictured above - the body shape is more similar to the 325 cutaways.
tracy
Veteran RRF member

Post by tracy »

Yeah, Electro 1000's (actually ES-16's) were that way too. You're neck is probably a 'glue-on', rather than 'neck-through'.
Show him the shirts, Adrian.
tracy
Veteran RRF member

Post by tracy »

Yeah, Electro 1000's (actually ES-16's) were that way too. You're neck is probably a 'glue-on', rather than 'neck-through'.
Show him the shirts, Adrian.
krishna

Post by krishna »

Yes exactly Tracy, a glue in neck - appears to be a one piece maple body. One of the pics in my briefcase shows the joint off quite well.

Return to “Rickenbacker Guitars: by John Simmons”