Rickenbacker Production- Mr. John Hall

Vintage, Modern, V & C Series, Signature & Special Editions

Moderators: rickenbrother, ajish4

mdbuck
Veteran RRF member

Rickenbacker Production- Mr. John Hall

Post by mdbuck »

I was going to ask if anyone of you out there has ordered a 380L PZ and how long it took to get it after ordering as I have one on order from Mike Parks. But, I did a search on the subject and found that apparently, the 380L PZ has not been in production for over a year as of March 2003. The order that I placed was actually ordered by Mike Parks (for stock) in September of 2002 (on the 5th). At this point in this thread, the question I'm about to pose should be obvious....Are they being produced? If so, has the production of the 380L PZ started for those of us who have them on order? Also, I understand that Mike Parks is not a "official" Ric dealer but, he does seem to buy alot of them, is he a lower priority because of this? I guess the bottom line of my inquiry is that I, as well as other people ordering the 380L PZ would like some info on this because it seems the 380L PZ is rather a specialized instrument and not produced in the quantities of other, more standard, Rics. Can you shed some light on this Mr. Hall. Thank you very much... Image
I see music in my head transformed through my fingers but can not write a note...
jwilli
RRF Consultant

Post by jwilli »

Mike Parks certainly IS an Official Rickenbacker Dealer. I can't answer your other questions, sorry. (But I would love to own a 380L PZ.) Would there be more enthusiasm for this model if it was offered with a Maplebody & Color-Glo finishes?
mdbuck
Veteran RRF member

Post by mdbuck »

Hmmm. I thought I had read on another thread that Mike Parks wasn't an official dealer but, I could be mistaken. Making a 380L PZ in those finishes would be cool and it seems could be done very easily since the body is common. However, I think it would take away from the Uniqueness of this guitar. Also, I'd like to add that I realize that Rickenbacker production is maxed out and many are sold before they are made so, another question would be...Are they made in batches as the order for a certain guitar like the 380 gets larger? Image
I see music in my head transformed through my fingers but can not write a note...
jwilli
RRF Consultant

Post by jwilli »

I do think that they are made in batches.
bassman
Veteran RRF member

Post by bassman »

Michael, I think you are confusing Mike Parks with Pick of the Ricks. They are two very different Rickenbacker outlets. Music Connection (Mike Parks) is the dealer, Pick of the Ricks isn't a official dealer as I understand it.
Cheers,
johnhall
RIC

Post by johnhall »

Mike Parks is an authorized dealer.

The 380L PZ's are in continuous production but, yes, they are batched as all models are. As it happens, mine just came through this morning. It's unique as it's the only one with a full clear gloss finish.

Not to rub it in, but I also have a 650 Dakota with the PZ option installed.
mortivan

Post by mortivan »

"Not to rub it in..."

Umm., Mr. Hall, you're the friggin CEO for heaven's sake!!! How can you be modest about your collection of beauties??!

:-)
mdbuck
Veteran RRF member

Post by mdbuck »

Gee...Thanks John (Hall), I'll be happy just getting my 380L PZ. The wait continues Image . Getting one made with a clear coat finish is awesome. Being the boss, you could get a Ric made with any combo of anything and have the only one. How about a John Hall signature series? Image

Return to “Rickenbacker Guitars: by John Simmons”