Energy Bass Cabinets

Let's talk guitar amplfiers

Moderator: jingle_jangle

robj
Veteran RRF member

Energy Bass Cabinets

Post by robj »

I have a 1X15 Energy cabinet and was wondering if anyone knows who built these, has specs on the cabinets and maybe knows what became of the company that did build and sell these cabinets. I used to see these in shops in the Seattle area in the late '80s, early '90s time frame. If memory serves me correctly, my 1X15 is loaded with a McCauley (sp?) speaker.

Chris Squire uses a 2X15 model with his bass pedals and I have seen it on stage with him in photos. Searches on the web turn up home audio speakers with the Engergy name.
bear

Post by bear »

Robj,

IIRC the 2x15 version was featured in early ads for the SWR 400, as there were no cabinet models in the product line until the Goliath cabs arrived, and offered as THE matching cab for the new SWR amp. The company with the Energy name that built those is long gone. Nothing more than a hazy memory that does suggest a buyout occurred giving them a different name today and no product/model resemblance to yours though. And yes! they do seem to still turn up at Bass NW used occasionally.

BEAR
robj
Veteran RRF member

Post by robj »

Steve,
Thanks for the info. I will be pulling my Energy cab out of mothballs soon as I am downsizing from an SVT rig. It will be interesting to hear this cabinet again, it's been awhile.

Return to “Greg's Amplifier and Tube Tech Forum: by Greg Simon”