Azureglo close to Midnight Blue

Vintage, Modern, V & C Series, Signature & Special Editions

Moderators: rickenbrother, ajish4

mike_smith

Azureglo close to Midnight Blue

Post by mike_smith »

As I've never seen one in the flesh, can anyone tell me how close is the current mid-blue finish to the old azureglo.
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

Mike: You can see a couple of examples of azureglo instruments here.
1975 1980
Life, as with music, often requires one to let go of the melody and listen to the rhythm

Please join the Official RickResource Forum Facebook Page https://www.facebook.com/groups/379271585440277
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

The newer midnightblue finish is lighter than the older midnightblue and the azureglo. It must be said that photographs are sometimes misleading given the variations in lighting and the reflective quality of the finish being captured. The following photos are from Mike Parks Terrific Site.
Life, as with music, often requires one to let go of the melody and listen to the rhythm

Please join the Official RickResource Forum Facebook Page https://www.facebook.com/groups/379271585440277
mike_smith

Post by mike_smith »

Many thanks Peter, and what an excellent choice of pictures I have just sold a 1997MID. Could it be the same one? Mine came from the States originally.

ricnvolved

Post by ricnvolved »

I'm not giving up hope that Rickenbacker will come out with an Azureglo BURST. In other words, a finish like Fireglo, only in Azure. However, there seems to be some practical concerns that the nitrocellulose will age and thus produce a green tint. ~sigh~ Very few things are uncomplicated in the Ric world..............
mike_smith

Post by mike_smith »

Jeffery: The custom finish that Mary Chapin Carpenter has on her 620's would be perfect, called blueburst by the factory, check out a pic under the Artists section

Return to “Rickenbacker Guitars: by John Simmons”