Music Theory

Putting music theory into practice
sloop_john_b
Rick-a-holic

Re: Music Theory

Post by sloop_john_b »

However which way you want to look at things is fine if it works for you, Devin. I was just trying to make things a bit more clear for everyone reading, and you as well. I apologize if I came off at all condescendingly.
Tylendal

Post by Tylendal »

well, as far as getting further down the road on theory, i've been taking music production classes with berklee online, and part of any music education is theory, so i do know a thing or two about theory, i am no composition major(no offense jb;)), but i'm no bumpkin
Tylendal

Post by Tylendal »

sorry to shake everything up, i had only intended to put out a different perspective which i had found interesting, i apologize for the direction this thread has taken and for all of the misunderstandings that have occurred. It was not my intention to claim that i know more than anyone else, (a few online courses with berklee don't really mean anything, they will accept anybody in their online courses(lucky for me)), or to mislead anyone, i had thought that, although it was a bit abstract, the idea that i had shared was clear enough for everyone to understand, i was mistaken and withdraw further comment on the subject
jdogric12
Rick-a-holic

Post by jdogric12 »

Thanks to everyone who has contributed to this thread. I think there are some excellent points here from all sides. Let's all give this thread the 24 hour shelf test and revisit it later. As we know all too well, posts are often interpreted differently than they were intended to be, and in the end this is all just a fun music discussion anyways.

In the meantime, feel free to gather some examples and sources for the concepts being discussed, and let's meet up here on Thursday or Friday.

Recommended listening for this week: classic jazz tune - "Song For My Father."

Cheers! J Dog
Attachments
jdogocean1.jpg

Return to “Being For The Benefit Of Musicianship”