Stray, odd number Rick parts lying aroung

Vintage, Modern, V & C series, Fretless, Signature & Special Editions

Moderators: rickenbrother, ajish4

eddied
Veteran RRF member

Stray, odd number Rick parts lying aroung

Post by eddied »

Hi people,
Just for fun, how about trying to do some trading or fair selling for some Rick bass parts that usually seem to wear away or you would like to replace. For instance I have the treble covers for several of my basses just sitting that go back to 74. I personally need one or two of the older boxed in Grover tuners used in the 70's. Several useful parts cold be finding new homes. Any takes?
Pickguards,knobs,tuers,bridges, etc. Many of us have either one,two, or three parts left over that need 4 etc. Any takes? Making $ is not the intent.
Rick bass fanatic. I own and play several professionally. I have a passion for the S models.
jwr2

Post by jwr2 »

sell them on e-bay with no reserve
paul_yan
RRF Consultant

Post by paul_yan »

I have some screws for mounting the nameplates/tuners/treble PU surround, screws for mountig the neck PUs, big screws for mounting the treble pickups (with the letter H on the heads), and black allen screws that can be used to replace the easy-to-get-stripped saddle screws and can be adjusted with a 1/16" hex wrench.

They are all new, bought from my local screw shop. Those who need any, just ask. I'd love to help my friends out here.

I myself am looking for 2 uncut pre-2000 saddles. (Got my email, Randy?) Also looking for a Horseshoe PU surround.
paul_yan
RRF Consultant

Post by paul_yan »

Oh by the way, I'm also looking for 4 black metal tuner bushings to replace the soft and fragile plastic ones on my '86 Shadow.
Maybe someone can direct me to a source that sells them?
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

Jeff: I like Ed's idea. Putting them on eBay with no reserve is certainly another way to go.

What I like about Ed's proposal is that there is a bartering or fair exchange component in which Rickenbacker owners get the benefit. On eBay, sometimes items are bought with the purpose of resale at a higher price.

Both ideas work in the end, and perhaps Ebay is less risky. I'm partial to an exchange between Rickenbacker owners who are not out to make money.
Life, as with music, often requires one to let go of the melody and listen to the rhythm

Please join the Official RickResource Forum Facebook Page https://www.facebook.com/groups/379271585440277
dave_axt

Post by dave_axt »

For memory here, I have a few 4001 pickguards, Kluson tuners, bridge pickups, metal surrounds, and maybe a few truss rod covers.

E-mail me what you need and I may have it.
ken_james
Veteran RRF member

Post by ken_james »

DO you have a horseshoe pu surround?
banta
Veteran RRF member

Post by banta »

Hey Paul, I'd love to get some of those replacement allen screws for my Ric saddles from you. I have a 4 string and a 5 string. I'll see if I can find a source for replacement ferrules and maybe we can exchange parts. Image
paul_yan
RRF Consultant

Post by paul_yan »

Yeah cool, Brad.
Why not just let me send you the allen screws first? They don't cost much anyway.
Email me your address.
leftybass
RRF Consultant

Post by leftybass »

FWIW, I'll have a re-issue (V63) horseshoe pickup assembly available soon if anyone is interested; just e-mail me....for sale OR trade. Thanks muchly.
ken_james
Veteran RRF member

Post by ken_james »

John,
You have mail
rickcrazy
RRF Consultant

Post by rickcrazy »

Ed: a very fine idea indeed.
Here's a list of the original 4001/4003 parts I can make available for free to anyone interested.

1 70s treble pickup mounting plate (black plastic);
1 bass pickup securing plate (aluminum);
1 Old-style 2-hole truss-rod aluminum block;
1 stereo jack socket;
10 washers (as fitted to jack sockets);
2 treble pickup height springs;
6 black plastic spacers (as fitted to treble pickup height adjustment screws);
1 somewhat beat-up black treble p.u. surround (no handrest);
A couple of white plastic washers (as fitted to strap buttons and mute pad height screws).

That's about all. I'm not looking for any particular 4001/4003 parts right now. Thanks for reading.
A Rickenbacker bass is much like the Jaguar E car - perennially ultra-fashionable.
ojobob2
Veteran RRF member

Post by ojobob2 »

Sergio - do you still have that black plastic mounting plate for the treble pickup? a screw hole on mine has strippedImage
The email address shown is down, you can email me at septic_bullfrog@yahoo.co.uk
rickcrazy
RRF Consultant

Post by rickcrazy »

Hi, Owen.
Yes, I still have the treble p.u. mounting plate. Just let me know where you want me to send it (you can e-mail me).
A Rickenbacker bass is much like the Jaguar E car - perennially ultra-fashionable.
jps
RRF Consultant

Post by jps »

Does anybody have any extra peghead bushings for Grover tuners? I need one to replace a non original one on my '73 4001, thanks.

Return to “Rickenbacker Basses: by Joey Vasco & Tony Cabibe”