Whos the guy who makes pickguards here?

Vintage, Modern, V & C series, Fretless, Signature & Special Editions

Moderators: rickenbrother, ajish4

ojobob2
Veteran RRF member

Whos the guy who makes pickguards here?

Post by ojobob2 »

Am i right in thinking there is a guy here who makes repro pickguards?
The email address shown is down, you can email me at septic_bullfrog@yahoo.co.uk
paul_yan
RRF Consultant

Post by paul_yan »

Yes, that would be Mr. Don Adamek aka. "Rick12dr".
Like Mark Arnquist, Don worked at RIC for some time, in the '70s if I'm not mistaken.

Looking for a new pickguard, Owen?
aceonbass
Veteran RRF member

Post by aceonbass »

Unless of course you need a pickguard for a 3000 bass....then that would be me. I make them in clear acrylic and shoot the back in black white or gold. I just did one for myself in pearl white.
ojobob2
Veteran RRF member

Post by ojobob2 »

i just bought a 1973 4001 of ebay, but i will have to wait to august to get my hands on it .

I cant really tell from the photos, but the pickguard is either yellowed badly, or cracked slightly around the neck pickup.

I will have to see what its like when i get it, its probably fine ( I dont mind yellowing, its cracks i dont like) but just in case:

who from and how much for......
The email address shown is down, you can email me at septic_bullfrog@yahoo.co.uk
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

Dane: Why not post a photo of your work. Don, ditto.
Life, as with music, often requires one to let go of the melody and listen to the rhythm

Please join the Official RickResource Forum Facebook Page https://www.facebook.com/groups/379271585440277
dave_axt

Post by dave_axt »

Owen, I might have an extra original white 4001 pickguard or two. Since those pickguards vary, it would be best if you send me a tracing so I can match it up. Let me know.
ken_james
Veteran RRF member

Post by ken_james »

What about a 4000 pickguard? The blueburst 4000 that I got off ebay needs one badly!
ojobob2
Veteran RRF member

Post by ojobob2 »

David - how much for a pickguard if it fits?

- by the way i need one where the neck pickup is very close to the end of the neck.
doctorwho
Veteran RRF member

Post by doctorwho »

Don made a replacement lower pickguard for my 381JK (the original was broken by the Postal Service). I'll see whether I have a picture or two of his handiwork in my music gear pictures on my home computer and post them if so.
It is better, of course, to know useless things than to know nothing. - Seneca
shamustwin

Post by shamustwin »

How about a pick guard for a 4005?
doctorwho
Veteran RRF member

Post by doctorwho »

Jerry,
I suggest you e-mail Don directly. You should be able to find his e-mail address if you search the threads, as I think he posted it in a couple of past ones.

Here are some pictures of the 381JK replacements:

The top one shows the replacement lower against the signature upper, the middle one shows the upper replacement in the place of the signature one, and the bottom one is a picture of the pickguards on the guitar now. The flash tends to make the color differences greater than they actually are under normal lighting; I think it's a very close match.
It is better, of course, to know useless things than to know nothing. - Seneca
dg27

Post by dg27 »

An outstanding source for custom pickguards is Tony Dudzik of Pickguardian, who happens to specialize in Ricks. He just did a black guard for my '76 4001 and also recently did a custom guard for me for a bass made by another manufacturer that was designed without a pickguard. [A dozen other suppliers wouldn't even consider trying this one.]

Examples of his Rick work can be found on his website: www.pickguardian.com

Check him out.

Return to “Rickenbacker Basses: by Joey Vasco & Tony Cabibe”