Differences Between TR-7 and RG-7

Tube and solidstate amplifiers made by Rickenbacker

Moderators: rickenbrother, ajish4

anonymous

Differences Between TR-7 and RG-7

Post by anonymous »

I am wondering what the fundamental differences are between the GR-6 and TR-7 Rickenbacker amplifiers.
anonymous

Post by anonymous »

Hi Peter! I don't have the GR-6 schematic and I'm not sure that Rickenbacker does either, but I know that TR-7 obnoxious little beast! John Hall has long wanted to collate all of the Rickenbacker schematics, but, y'know, he's a busy guy. It'd be hard to know the differences without seeing the roadmaps up close and personal. Let me see what I can dig up and I'll get back to you.
anonymous

Post by anonymous »

I've never heard of a GR-6 amp. There was an RG7 which is a later, upgrade version of the TR7. Could that be the question?
anonymous

Post by anonymous »

John: Yes I am sorry. Unless someone pulls a one off out of their closet I believe the question should read what are the fundamental differences between the TR7 and the RG7. This may explain Tracy's difficulty finding the schematic.
brendo613

Post by brendo613 »

Hello, all Image My name's Brendan, and I have a lovely Rickenbacker TR-7 for sale. Just wondering if anyone would like to buy this lovely 7-watt solid state amp. Due to its special circuitry, however, it sounds more like a 25 watt amp, and it has barely any problem keeping up with drums and a bass. I've had this amp for a few months, and I have absolutely no complaints; rather, I decided I'd like to try a tube amp. I am free for calling at 215 643 3277, and let me know if you are interested. I'm asking $110 O.B.O. I'm flexible! Let me know if you have any offer! 215 643 3277, Brendo613@hotmail.com

Return to “Rickenbacker Amplifiers”