Appearing in Cleveland Aug. 8th & 9th

Non-Rickenbacker Guitars & Effects

Moderator: jingle_jangle

toneman

Appearing in Cleveland Aug. 8th & 9th

Post by toneman »

If there are any Ric Forum Members in the Cleveland, Ohio area or northern Ohio. I will be appearing at an event called "Abbey Road On The River" next weekend. Our band is called "Working Class Hero" and fronted by my best friend the amazing Tim Piper. We will be headling the Friday night show(@ 10pm) and we are on right before "1964-The Tribute" on Sat. night(8 pm). This event is held at the Nautica Center on the river in an area called "The Flats". We did this event last year and it was alot of fun. Also looking forward to going to the R`n R Hall of Fame again. We played at the Hall of Fame in October of 2001 and had a blast. all I can say with conviction is "Cleveland Really Rocks!"
It's really quite an amazing 3-day event for all you Beatles/Lennon fans with some quality entertainment. George Harrison's sister Louise will be there again. Nice woman whom I've met a few times over the years.
Anyway, we leave on the 6th and will be back on the 11th.
If anyone here comes to this please make it a point to locate me and say Hi!
Thanks!
toneman

Post by toneman »

No takers eh??? You'll be missing a great time and some great Beatles/Lennon music.
rictified

Post by rictified »

Is Cleveland in the Boston area? or better, in the Lima Perú area? I guess I can't make, love to see your band though, what are you using for a bass and amp?
rob
Veteran RRF member

Post by rob »

Ever venture to Buffalo, NY?
jps
RRF Consultant

Post by jps »

I can't make the show, previous commitments, but while in town, stop by my photo studio, Score Photographers at 1595 East 22nd Street in downtown Cleveland, phone is 216/621-7566. I'll bring my '73 4001 down and we can chat or do lunch.
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

Don: I would be very interested to hear how your group was received. Also, please give us a review of the performance of "1964 - The Tribute."
Life, as with music, often requires one to let go of the melody and listen to the rhythm

Please join the Official RickResource Forum Facebook Page https://www.facebook.com/groups/379271585440277
toneman

Post by toneman »

Jeffery; we're at the Holiday Inn Expess/downtown on Euclid St. How far away are you?
Anyway, rehearsal/sound check this evening for us(we get four hours!)at the main stage in the Nautica Center.
I'm using an AC-30 w/blue Celestion Alnico's. Greg, our bass player I believe will be using an SVT with his old Musicman Bass. I have my Ric 360V64-12 along with my Elliot Easton Gretsch and Les Paul.
1964-
I saw Jimmy Pou Tuesday night at a party. They are on directly after us on Saturday night. I'm sure they'll sound great as always.
I'll post a review when I get home Monday. I've got my laptop with me to use here.
jps
RRF Consultant

Post by jps »

If you are staying downtown you are no more than about 5 minutes or so depending on traffic. We have our own parking lot so that is not an issue at our studio.

Return to “Forum 51 - The Quest For Tone: by Mike Snow”