Toasters, interchangable?

Non-Rickenbacker Guitars & Effects

Moderator: jingle_jangle

eddied
Veteran RRF member

Toasters, interchangable?

Post by eddied »

I probably should know this, but to be sure, how different are the bass vs. guitar toasters? Can the guitar toasters be used on the 4001-3? Is there that much of a difference in the ohm's? Can some explain the obvious differences and can they be interhanged?
Rick bass fanatic. I own and play several professionally. I have a passion for the S models.
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

Ed: The toasters used for guitar and bass are identical. Toasters make good guitar and bass pickups, depending on your sound preferences of course. There is indeed quite a wide range of k ohm rating for toasters. I have measured them as low as 5.7 k ohms and as high as 12.5 k ohms. I am sure that the range is greater than this, but that has been my experience to date.
Life, as with music, often requires one to let go of the melody and listen to the rhythm

Please join the Official RickResource Forum Facebook Page https://www.facebook.com/groups/379271585440277
toneman

Post by toneman »

Peter; You're right. I have found a wide range of resistance readings on the Toasters. I've even seen them up to 15K...
Now, of course, I think the lower amount of windings/d.c. resistance readings to have a better overall tone and wider freq. response. Ric has always used the same pickup for both bass and guitar. I know the first time I pulled a neck pickup and saw the six magnet poles on the bottom I was a bit perplexed but they always seems to sound and work just fine.

Return to “Forum 51 - The Quest For Tone: by Mike Snow”