4004cii/8

Vintage, Modern, V & C series, Fretless, Signature & Special Editions

Moderators: rickenbrother, ajish4

rickde

4004cii/8

Post by rickde »

I picked-up a Rickenbacker flyer/booklet from a music shop in Frankfurt. It was dated 2002. Under the info regarding the 4004/5Cii model the last sentence states that it is "also available in an eight string model." What's the dilio? Is it possible to order one of these? I have emailed the contact from the booklet I received, but (of course) no response. Any thoughts from the group?
jeff_ulmer
Intermediate Member

Post by jeff_ulmer »

You may be able to order one, but the chances of actually getting one are ziltch at this point, since they haven't even begun production on the five string, and last time I checked had no schedule for starting on them.

It may be 4004 before one ships...
bottom4
Veteran RRF member

Post by bottom4 »

OK Rick you're forcing me to jump in. Before they make an 8, they'll have to make a 5 and of course, before they make that they'll have to make my 4. Today it is 520 days.

Today I am in Mannheim, Friday I will leave Germany from Frankfurt and head back home to the states

Cheers
rickde

Post by rickde »

If you have time before you leave today check out this music shop in Frankfurt. It's huge and it has a lot of Ric stuff. Nice amp room to try them all too.

http://www.musik-schmidt.de/
banta
Veteran RRF member

Post by banta »

I badgered JH about that so-called 4004cii8 that was listed for some time on the site and he finally took it off. It seems they intended to make new models when they originally decided to discontinue the 4003S/5 & S/8, but their work load with the old standby models has prevented them from putting in the effort necessary to finalize the new models before production. I don't think we can expect to see the 4004cii5 before next year at the earliest, and the cii8 (if there ever is one) would come after that.
paul_yan
RRF Consultant

Post by paul_yan »

Man, I've been dreaming for a 4004cii8 with 8 saddles and "octave strings on top" option for very long.

Mr. Hall, please let us have it. I can wait!!! Just say yes.
jwr2

Post by jwr2 »

Bring back the 4003s5 and 4003s8 ...

Now there is a reissue limited edition bass that would be well recieved ...

We want Ric's with more than 4 strings!!!!
cheyenne
Veteran RRF member

Post by cheyenne »

I second that motion, bring back the 4003s5 and the 4003s8 !
"Knowledge is Power"
rickde

Post by rickde »

Ok so I emailed the address on the flyer I received regarding the ability to order the Cheyenne in an 8 string model. Here is the reply:

"Indeed, the RIC 4004Cii/5 Cheyenne bass can be ordered with 8 strings
from the RIC-guitar factory in the US. You may appreciate, that this
special model will have a mininum delivery time of 9/10 months.

In the meantime we requested the price for this special model
from the RIC-guitar company, and as soon as the price will be
available to us, we will contact you immediately."

They are contacting Rickenbacker directly. Good luck. Who knows; maybe Ric will contact these guys since they are the number one European distributor of Ric guitars. I'll let you know what they tell me.
banta
Veteran RRF member

Post by banta »

Don't hold your breath.
dave4004
Veteran RRF member

Post by dave4004 »

Listen to Brad. If you order one, don't expect to see it for several years, if ever.

Return to “Rickenbacker Basses: by Joey Vasco & Tony Cabibe”