RIckenbacker Blues aka Socal Confluence Boogie

Planning or looking for a Rickenbacker conference? Start here.

Moderators: rickenbrother, ajish4

bassduke49

Post by bassduke49 »

I'd be in on bass for a Beatles jam!
Author: "The Rickenbacker Electric Bass - 50 Years As Rock's Bottom"
charlyg

Post by charlyg »

I will endeavor to get my two original bass lines for the Socal confl boogie up tonight. I can't decide so we'll just see which one everyone likes better and go with that one.

The blues set list has a while to go yet. I'm guessing if we all work on a half dozen(or a dozen?) or so ,we can have some fun at the jam.

Should I use myspace, or that spot Jdog used for his mp3 the other week? I also thought I would just do two or three 12 bar sets and you can just loop for jamming. Once we get the lyrics down, we can set the song length. We can also use that space for putting up the blues jam songs so we can all practice!!!

I am open to any ideas, as I am new to this "write and record" a song online thing. I do have Pro Tools so I should be able to accomplish something in the way of mixing. Although, as long as you upload just your part,and not the part you are playing against, we can mix and match anything!!!
charlyg

Post by charlyg »

Well, I was THIS close to getting something to upload. I downloaded Amadeus 30 day trial and I figured it out, but the 4004 doesn't have enough volume through the fasttrack usb device. I tried coming out of the headphone jack of my practice amp and it worked for a minute, til all heck broke loose with a loud buzz! this little Peavy Minx110 has a preamp out, but I have to check the wiring. It is a stereo jack labelled Preamp out, amp in.

I will try the Nemesis NC210 tomorrow, it has a direct out. I could always mic the speaker too, I just wanted to get the raw Rick in there!

Ps - no Pro Tools yet. A demo of it came with the fasttrack, but it crashes the mac! Amadeus seems ok. They want 40 bucks.
charlyg

Post by charlyg »

I am posting the links to the songs in the rampant recording area.
wmthor
Veteran RRF member

Post by wmthor »

Thanks Charley!
'96 1997 LH MG
'98 360 LH MG
'00 360/12 Carl Wilson LH FG
'07 730S Shiloh LH
ben_brown
Advanced Member

Post by ben_brown »

I can play anything with blues written on it....
That's all I heard when I was growing up.
'73 4001 MG '88 4003S JG '89 4003S FG '91 4003S MG

Return to “Rickenbacker Conferences and Confluences”