Virus warning!

Planning or looking for a Rickenbacker conference? Start here.

Moderators: rickenbrother, ajish4

ajish4
RRF Moderator

Post by ajish4 »

Thanks Peter,

Done & Done.

Sorry you had to have all that needless aggravation ....

Glad all is well.

THANK YOU!
"Freedom of expression is important, but I have learned that people want to know how much you care before they care how much you know."
The only time a bass player gets noticed is when he stops playing.
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

Expect some ups and downs Tony. I am walking the line between wanting to be online but not wanting to risk passing on a virus.
Life, as with music, often requires one to let go of the melody and listen to the rhythm

Please join the Official RickResource Forum Facebook Page https://www.facebook.com/groups/379271585440277
ken_j
RRF Consultant

Post by ken_j »

"The best things in life aren't things."
ajish4
RRF Moderator

Post by ajish4 »

I understand completely Peter.

This forum has become SUCH a integral part of my life, I was going through withdrawal! Image

At first, I wasn't sure exactly WHAT the problem was. I have a brand spanking new laptop and I thought IT was at fault. After I went over to the desktop and had the same virus alert, I know SOMETHING was up, I just didn't know WHAT!

So if I understand your previous post, one of US accidentally uploaded the virus to the forum? YIKES!

I'll make sure I take extra precautions in the future to make sure I keep my anti-viurs protection and spy ware software up to date, just to play it safe.
"Freedom of expression is important, but I have learned that people want to know how much you care before they care how much you know."
The only time a bass player gets noticed is when he stops playing.
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

No, not at all Tony. This virus made its way to all domains on the server of which I am a member. It has not been traced to this Forum. It just pays to close as many doors and windows as possible.
Life, as with music, often requires one to let go of the melody and listen to the rhythm

Please join the Official RickResource Forum Facebook Page https://www.facebook.com/groups/379271585440277
walker
Advanced Member

Post by walker »

I got this, too. My Avast virus protection program detected it immediately and prompted me to delete it. I haven't had any problems since.

Return to “Rickenbacker Conferences and Confluences”