DFW, Texas musicians wanted

Planning or looking for a Rickenbacker conference? Start here.

Moderators: rickenbrother, ajish4

drzoom

Post by drzoom »

We're talking Saturday, June 30, afternoon or evening, not Sunday, and not July.
"I play the way I do because it allows me to come up with the sickest sounds possible. That's the point now isn't it?" Jeff Beck
emjayw

Post by emjayw »

Dr. Zoom, you need to set a time and place (address) where we will meet in order for all of us to make plans. Thanks, MikeImage
"I'd rather have a bottle in front of me..than a frontal lobotomy!"
drzoom

Post by drzoom »

Alright, the time is 2:00 p.m. on Saturday, June 30 at The Highlands School
1451 E. Northgate Drive
Irving, Tx. 75062
near the University of Dallas. My cell phone number is (214)404-8423

Drive into the campus on the entrance road through the trees, take the first left and go around to the back of the school. There is a parking lot on the rear left corner (northwest corner). Park there and bring your gear in through the door on the long narrow porch. See you there!

Richard
"I play the way I do because it allows me to come up with the sickest sounds possible. That's the point now isn't it?" Jeff Beck
squirebass
Veteran RRF member

Post by squirebass »

I'm afraid I will not be able to attend, due to a previous commitment. I will be there in spirit!
"This is the big one, Elizabeth, I'm coming to join ya, honey!"
emjayw

Post by emjayw »

Gene, could you send your 660/12 in your place? I promise I'll take good care of it....
randyz
Advanced Member

Post by randyz »

I've got some other things going on this weekend, but I'll plan to be there.
drzoom

Post by drzoom »

Well, it looks like we are in danger of having no drummer for this session, as Tony has said he doesn't know if he can come, since he is scheduled to work at that time. He'll try to get out of work, but makes no promises. None of the other drummers I have invited have responded. So if any of you have a spare drummer up your sleeve, please produce him!
alan

Post by alan »

Sorry to have missed this one, but I was out till 4am last night, playing with a group of crazy musicians who didn't want to quit. We got a real groove going, and I had a blast. I'll be sure to attend the next one, as the first was quite fun. Hope you guys had a good time, see you soon.
randyz
Advanced Member

Post by randyz »

Alan: You certainly were missed. We had five guitarists and no bassist or drummer. Once again I sat on the sidelines. I guess my teachers were right when they said, "Doesn't play well with others".
emjayw

Post by emjayw »

Don't believe a word he says. I tried to get him up several times for some early WHO stuff. BTW, that sure is a nice 1997!
squirebass
Veteran RRF member

Post by squirebass »

Sorry I missed this one, Mike I was gonna send my 660/12, but she doesn't drive so well...
squirebass
Veteran RRF member

Post by squirebass »

So whatta we gotta do to get a post-mortem on the jam, huh??? Randy, if you aren't going to get up and PLAY that 1997 you should SELL her to me!!! I loves dem 1997s and Pete Townsend sigs!!!
randyz
Advanced Member

Post by randyz »

Gene: I think Mike already has first dibs on that 1997 (but I have two more).
emjayw

Post by emjayw »

That's okay Randy, I'll settle for the beat-up one! P.S. Gene, we missed you and Alan.

Return to “Rickenbacker Conferences and Confluences”