DFW, Texas musicians wanted

Planning or looking for a Rickenbacker conference? Start here.

Moderators: rickenbrother, ajish4

drzoom

DFW, Texas musicians wanted

Post by drzoom »

This is to announce an all Rickenbacker jam session at 8:00 p.m. on Friday, June 15, 2007, at Fresco Pizza (3100 W. Northwest Hwy., Dallas, Texas 75220). You can follow developments on this and get more details at Rickenbacker.com on the general forum. Everybody is welcome and a splendid time is guaranteed for all!
"I play the way I do because it allows me to come up with the sickest sounds possible. That's the point now isn't it?" Jeff Beck
thx1955
Veteran RRF member

Post by thx1955 »

Hi Richard,
Welcome to the forum, where the goodness were you guys when I lived in The Colony !!!
"It's Red Jim, but not as we know it...."
leftyguitars
Advanced Member

Post by leftyguitars »

It's a pity that you didn't have it two weeks ago as there were forum members from across the globe at the guitar show. Image
"If only quilted maple grew on trees!"
http://www.leftyguitars.co.uk
doctorwho
Veteran RRF member

Post by doctorwho »

Welcome, Richard.
It is better, of course, to know useless things than to know nothing. - Seneca
randyz
Advanced Member

Post by randyz »

I spotted the posting in the RIC Forum over the weekend. It prompted me to become registered there. I guess there are several Rickenbacker players in the DFW area that I've never met. I'm planning to attend the jam session. Perhaps between RIC Forum and Resource members, we would have enough people and instruments to organize a Confluence. It could be held in conjunction with either the upcoming Arlington Guitar Show in October or the Dallas Guitar Show next spring (to maximize out-of-town participation).
leftyguitars
Advanced Member

Post by leftyguitars »

Graham and I will probably be at Arlington in October but probably not at the Dallas show next year.
"If only quilted maple grew on trees!"
http://www.leftyguitars.co.uk
randyz
Advanced Member

Post by randyz »

Pete: I think you've been hanging around with Graham too much. Now you're even starting to think that the world revolves around you!
8mileshigh

Post by 8mileshigh »

Well I'll be in Arlington in October................probably with Pete! And Randy - you're right - he does think the world revolves around him!!!
wmthor
Veteran RRF member

Post by wmthor »

I might be able to be there for the June 15th jam. I have a business trip scheduled to Addison for the week June 11 to June 15. Maybe I'll just stay over another night.
'96 1997 LH MG
'98 360 LH MG
'00 360/12 Carl Wilson LH FG
'07 730S Shiloh LH
iamthebassman
Veteran RRF member

Post by iamthebassman »

Can't make it, got a gig in Austin that night.
"Top 10 Best Bass Players" Austin Music Poll 2014, 2013, 2012, 2011, 2010
emjayw

Post by emjayw »

I'll definitely be there, Friday night traffic non-withstanding. I'm looking forward to meeting several Ric-o-philes! The Arlington show is a must. That's where I sold my 325v63 and bought my 360/12 last year. One of the show's promoters, John Brinkmann, has a vintage shop just a few miles from my home in Mansfield. Neat place. Mike
"I'd rather have a bottle in front of me..than a frontal lobotomy!"
doctorwho
Veteran RRF member

Post by doctorwho »

Sounds like you folks will have a great time - like a mini-confluence! If someone could, please take some pics and post them for us (you know how we love to see Ricks on stage!).
It is better, of course, to know useless things than to know nothing. - Seneca
drzoom

Post by drzoom »

It looks like we have had about five Rickenbacker players (guitarists and bassplayers)respond and say they will be there, although the thread for this over at Rickenbacker.com has been locked, so I hope those people all think to check out this forum for any further developments or changes, or get my e-mail address from my profile and get in touch. I'm hoping there will also be some keyboard players and more than just one drummer show up. So far we have Emjayw, 2tens&an18, tokaiguy, emswife, RandyZ, and maybe Wmthor. In addition to that, there may be more people showing up who just have not responded with a post. Then there is also Tony the drummer, another bassplayer I know named Adam, and yours truly. Anybody else out there?
"I play the way I do because it allows me to come up with the sickest sounds possible. That's the point now isn't it?" Jeff Beck
randyz
Advanced Member

Post by randyz »

Richard: I'm planning to be there, but probably not playing. Although I'm a devoted guitar/music enthusiast/collector (with more than a dozen Ricks), I'm not an entertainer. My favorite numbers are usually a little too dark for a party band. I also tend to play obscure tunes that don't work well for a jam session. I'm much more likely to play 'She Said She Said' than 'She Loves You'. By the way, I didn't like the way Mr. Hall shut down your thread on the RIC website, but I suppose it's his playground and he makes the rules.
drzoom

Post by drzoom »

Randy, that's cool, you don't have to play, but just so you know, there won't be an audience. The restaurant will be empty at that time except for us and maybe a few friends, we'll be in a separate private banquet room, so there is no question of entertaining an audience, and I would be more than happy to play She Said She Said. Either way, whether you choose to play or not, I'll look forward to seeing you there.

Return to “Rickenbacker Conferences and Confluences”