New England get togethers?

Planning or looking for a Rickenbacker conference? Start here.

Moderators: rickenbrother, ajish4

elysrand
Advanced Member

Post by elysrand »

Hear Hear! MARF II was a model of how to do everything right. As a far-teenier gnat on the wall next to John Simmons' huge contribution, I had a great time meeting everyone, showing off Ricks, and generally having a great time socializing with so many that I met here originally on this Forum.

Having a large-enough meeting room, good security so that folks can feel comfortable leaving a half-million dollars worth of Ricks lying about overnight, and enough folks detailed to provide basic refreshments, photo-taking opps, and other logistics,and some amps for people to plug up with, are the basic necessities. Lots of little things can get you, like forgetting to have people bring a WHOLE lot of extra stands so that those who did not bring stands are covered.

Methinks John did much more than he is taking credit for...for example, how he arranged for that stunning cool sunny dry weekend with the weather folks is beyond me Image
Do unto others as you would have them do unto you, and sit in with the band whenever you can, to keep your chops up!
jdogric12
Rick-a-holic

Post by jdogric12 »

I take credit for the weather. Brought it with me. Image
dswp

Post by dswp »

John S for sure, is owed the most credit. Image

Now lets talk about MARF III. Image
elysrand
Advanced Member

Post by elysrand »

Ooh! Ooh! Pick me!! Pick me!! Image Image

I'll volunteer to help organize it, and will bring plenty of stands and Ricks too. Think Chris will host it again, or would we need to pick a different venue (to give poor Chris a break next spring)? He did get some sales out of it directly last time... like Jeffrey's acoustic, etc.

I'll bring my Series II if you'll bring your Dragon!! Image Image
Do unto others as you would have them do unto you, and sit in with the band whenever you can, to keep your chops up!

Return to “Rickenbacker Conferences and Confluences”