Message from Chris Squire to the Forum members

The genius of Chris Squire
elysrand
Advanced Member

Message from Chris Squire to the Forum members

Post by elysrand »

Well wonder of wonders, I think that Chris Squire IS actually replying to at least some of us. Only after the second email from my main email, <elys@elysrand.com>, I replied and actually asked specifically if this was a staffer or if it was really Chris Squire. Well, Himself replied that it very definitely WAS him, that he had no staff, and yes he was cutting and pasting a standard reply but that when someone wrote him back and asked a specific question, he replied personally to that specific.

He asked me to please post a message from him, and I will also send him some direct links to some threads here.

That explains why the role accounts script got 87 different responses. In addition to the canned message he was replying with, he was modifying the text himself slightly, and that produced a different "counted" response to the script.

I can tell you that I was flabbergasted, having never heard of a huge major star in the record business taking the time and effort to actually reply to us!

So, either I was well taken-in, or it really is Chris, and at this point I am inclined to believe it really is Chris! Here is the email message he asked me to post to everyone here:

Date: Tue, 10 Jul 2007 23:46:42 +0100 (BST)
Subject: Rickenbacker site
To: Elys@elysrand.com
MIME-Version: 1.0
Content-Type: multipart/alternative; boundary="0-1016798546-1184107602=:41942"
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 8bit
Message-ID: <http://192116.41942.qm@web28108.mail.ukl.yahoo.com>
X-RCPT-TO: <elys@elysrand.com>
X-UIDL: 483265215
X-IMail-ThreadID: 0c6100b6000030eb

Hi Elys,

I went to the Rickenbacker forums to see where they were talking about my responses being automatic. I couldn't find anything. But, I am not familiar with the Ric website. I don't go there ever.

I have really tried to be respectful of the people who have taken the time to write me and thank me for the music I have created, and I have email you and other back personally.

It means al lot to me that people have taken time out of their busy schedules to let me know that they love what I have done musically. I really appreciate it. I know my fans are just as busy as I am. So, I certainly want to take to send a personal thank you to those that do the same for me.

I hope this message gets passed along to those at the Rickenbacker Forum.

Sincerely,

Chris Squire

At 11:29 PM 7/10/2007 +0100, you wrote:
Subject: Re: FOOW autographed copy request
To: Elys Rand <elys@elysrand.com>

Elys,

Wow, they are talking about this on the Rickenbacker Forum. Well, for those that care, it is really me. I don't have any "staff".

Sincerely,

Chris Squire
(This is NOT an automated response)

Elys Rand <elys@elysrand.com> wrote:
Thank you for your reply! Umm, is the below-quoted email REALLY from Chris Squire himself, or is it one of a number of professional email reply staff who are replying in the name of Chris Squire but are not really him?

I ask only because this is an issue right now over on the Rickenbacker Resource Forum. Some say it is just a really good automated reply "bot", and some say it is a team of professional "email reply staff" who are sending out replies using the name of Chris Squire.

And then there is me who is hoping that the answer is that this really is Himself who is answering.. Image ?

So please forgive me for being presumptuous, but is this really you replying personally to these email messages, Chris Squire?

Elys Rand

At 08:58 PM 7/10/2007 +0100, you wrote:
Elys,

Thanks for the email. The 75th Anniversary gig was great. I was really pleased to be a part of it.

I haven't been on the Riche acker Resource Forum. I might start venturing over there and checking it out.

Here is the information I have been sending those that have emailed me about FOOW....

Just to let you know what is going on -

I will be posting updated information on chrissquire.com and myspace regarding how to order a signed copy of Fish Out of Water Bonus cd/dvd.

This product will be available at the end of July. Check for updated information around the end of this week.

Thanks for your interest.

Regards,

Chris Squire
Do unto others as you would have them do unto you, and sit in with the band whenever you can, to keep your chops up!
atomic_punk

Post by atomic_punk »

Elys, Wow! Thanks for posting that!!

It sounds like Chris is an awfully busy fellow who doesn't spend a lot of time at the computer, but I know we certainly hope he finds the time to stop in and say hello from time to time.

First Mitch Easter, now Chris Squire, is anyone emailing Suzanna Hoffs or Pete Townshend or Geddy Lee? Image
"They make great f***'n basses". - Lemmy, NAMM 2009
ajish4
RRF Moderator

Post by ajish4 »

"It sounds like Chris is an awfully busy fellow who doesn't spend a lot of time at the computer."

That's probably why he plays so well! LoL! Image

IF I put in 10% of the time practicing compared to the time that I spend on this darn machine, I'd sure play a lot better!
"Freedom of expression is important, but I have learned that people want to know how much you care before they care how much you know."
The only time a bass player gets noticed is when he stops playing.
jps
RRF Consultant

Post by jps »

First Mitch Easter, now Chris Squire

Don't forget Amy Humphrey and Dave Meros, too! Image
johnallg
Rick-a-holic

Post by johnallg »

Steve, don't forget to add Dave Meros and Amy Humphrey also to the list of artists who have checked in around here lately.

I guess we can all hope!
phlemmy

Post by phlemmy »

So Chris has a stalker now?
elysrand
Advanced Member

Post by elysrand »

Umm, no, nothing in his email says anything about that, Sean Image

I think it is wonderful that he answers his own email! And, that as much as he appreciates those who love his music, he also shows that appreciation by sharing some of his own lifetime in writing responses to us.

It is more that just good marketing and promotion, it really reflects what all the articles over the years have said about Chris Squire, that he is an open, honest, likeable fellow who does not put on "airs" or display a vast ego like so many of his stature do. He knows and is secure in the fact that he is the greatest bass player alive today, and can go on from there and be a "real" person to others that are nowhere near his stature and certainly his vast wealth and success. His wife Scotty is said to be a good influence on him as well, and is the "computer expert" in the family. We perhaps should thank her for encouraging Chris to use his computer more and more Image
Do unto others as you would have them do unto you, and sit in with the band whenever you can, to keep your chops up!
mgrendel2

Post by mgrendel2 »

COOOOOOOOOOL, Way to go ELYS, Thanks, Grendel
none
cheyenne
Veteran RRF member

Post by cheyenne »

Pretty darn cool.
"Knowledge is Power"
atomic_punk

Post by atomic_punk »

Sorry to forget Amy and Dave, I've been playing a lot and not checking a lot of the other threads! This place rocks!
"They make great f***'n basses". - Lemmy, NAMM 2009
jnbass
Veteran RRF member

Post by jnbass »

Yess, that's no Roundabout answer!
Buy it before someone else does
lyle_from_minneapolis
Advanced Member

Post by lyle_from_minneapolis »

What an amazing bot!!
Here is where I hide my music:
http://www.soundclick.com/MarkKaufman
s4001

Post by s4001 »

"So Chris has a stalker now?"

Here?

Just one...?
"If you think you can or if you think you cannot - either way you are right." Henry Ford.
gray

Post by gray »

Wow, very cool. Thanks for posting all that, Elys.
elysrand
Advanced Member

Post by elysrand »

To gain true perspective, we must look Beyond And Before. You always remember your First......

Return to “Chris Squire and Yes Forum”