Welcome Elys Rand and Chris Squire

The genius of Chris Squire
phlemmy

Post by phlemmy »

Cool.

bassduke49

Post by bassduke49 »

Yes, Chris, if you're viewing us, I hope I can count on you for a Foreword to my book on Rickenbacker basses. I talked with you briefly about that at the 75th. The book is coming along slowly, but eventually I'd like to tap you for that piece.

Thanks, Elys, for setting up this department!
Author: "The Rickenbacker Electric Bass - 50 Years As Rock's Bottom"
alan

Post by alan »

Oh, here you are. Very cool to have added this section. Do we all get CS signature 4001's for participating? I know, I shoulda got one way back when, oh well.
bob_atherton
Intermediate Member

Post by bob_atherton »

Well Mr Chris Squire, you have a great deal to answer for.

If it wasn't for you and your popular beat combo I would not have bought a Rickenbacker 4001 in 1974, dropped out of art college to join a rock band, spend the next 18 months on the road, spend the next 32 years trying to master the bass and never really getting a well paid career together!

Would I have changed any of it? Not a single day.

GOD BLESS YOU CHRIS.
elysrand
Advanced Member

Post by elysrand »

You have an excellent point, Bob! I want Chris to know the extent of the impact he has had on our lives. It is one thing for a rock star to have a distant and nebulous concept of his "fans" as being people out there who buy tickets and come to shows. It is quite another to be able to read and "feel" the personal emotion in our accounts of how he and his music over the decades made an impact in our lives when we were young, that helped shape us and our destiny. If it had not been for Chris, I would have gotten out of the music business years earlier and gone to college earlier. Who knows where I would have wound up if that had happened? But, like you, I would not trade a minute of the path I did choose, inspired by YES and Chris and wanting (professionally) to be just like him! Image
Do unto others as you would have them do unto you, and sit in with the band whenever you can, to keep your chops up!
leftybass
RRF Consultant

Post by leftybass »

Now with 30 years behind me of playing bass, I obviously listen to the bass line when I hear music...it has become an involuntary process of analysis I suppose.

When I first heard the 'Fragile' album sometime the early 70s(my sister had it on 8-track tape) I can recall that with this particular record, you didn't have a choice BUT to listen to the bass line... due to the sound of the bass and the way it was being played.

A real 'Big Bang' in my personal development as a musician.

Ahh...my 3000th post. Yay to me and Chris Squire. Everyone drink up.Image
jps
RRF Consultant

Post by jps »

Congrats, John! Image

...burp!
rickcrazy
RRF Consultant

Post by rickcrazy »

Well, where is Chris?...Image
A Rickenbacker bass is much like the Jaguar E car - perennially ultra-fashionable.
elysrand
Advanced Member

Post by elysrand »

He and Scotty are living in London right now. To get even one signup and 1 post from a major rock star is enough to last awhile! Image

Happy 3000th, John!! Here's a pint for you, mate! And an extra pint from the squeezepunp for Chris too, as you say Image
ImageImage
Do unto others as you would have them do unto you, and sit in with the band whenever you can, to keep your chops up!
rickcrazy
RRF Consultant

Post by rickcrazy »

Well, where is this one post then?...Image
A Rickenbacker bass is much like the Jaguar E car - perennially ultra-fashionable.
jps
RRF Consultant

Post by jps »

Look under the thread "Squire- FOOW Re-issue News" on July 12, 2007, 8:26pm, in this forum! Image
lowendbob
Advanced Member

Post by lowendbob »

Chris is the man, and he does indeed respond to emails. I emailed him this morning and I already received a reply. He said he only posted once, but he is reading posts from the forum.
Great Guy! Image
Buy it before someone else does.
elysrand
Advanced Member

Post by elysrand »

admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

Here you go Sergio. I see you beat me to it, Elys.
Life, as with music, often requires one to let go of the melody and listen to the rhythm

Please join the Official RickResource Forum Facebook Page https://www.facebook.com/groups/379271585440277
elysrand
Advanced Member

Post by elysrand »

It's twice as nice to be 1 for 1 redundant, at least in the computer world! Image

Return to “Chris Squire and Yes Forum”