Meeting Sergio

Building pickups from the ground up

Moderator: jingle_jangle

admin
Site Admin

Meeting Sergio

Post by admin »

I felt that meeting Sergio was long overdue. With his kind permission I am posting this nice photo of him. Thanks for all you do Sergio.

Life, as with music, often requires one to let go of the melody and listen to the rhythm

Please join the Official RickResource Forum Facebook Page https://www.facebook.com/groups/379271585440277
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

And now for Jaclyn.

Life, as with music, often requires one to let go of the melody and listen to the rhythm

Please join the Official RickResource Forum Facebook Page https://www.facebook.com/groups/379271585440277
kcole4001

Post by kcole4001 »

It's nice to finally be able to put a face to the name!

And that 4001 is a perfect example of a fine vintage piece!
A real beauty!
Plus five minus five!
elysrand
Advanced Member

Post by elysrand »

Hi Sérgio Silva! My, you are a sophisticated-looking dude, with that chic leather jacket thrown casually across your shoulders, the sunglasses in the shirt top, and that proud, aristocratic bearing that says "I own a 21-fretter" Image

Jaclyn, meet your twin 21-fretter sister Susanna...

Do unto others as you would have them do unto you, and sit in with the band whenever you can, to keep your chops up!
rickcrazy
RRF Consultant

Post by rickcrazy »

HEY! Many thanks, Peter, Kevin and Elys. Hi Susanna, baby. You do look hot, just like any 21 fret 4001 is supposed to. Where are the other 21 fretters?...
A Rickenbacker bass is much like the Jaguar E car - perennially ultra-fashionable.
jps
RRF Consultant

Post by jps »

I'll show you mine as soon as someone sends me one!
xsubs

Post by xsubs »

Hi Serg...
You look as classy as you are to deal with... a REAL gentleman!
Many thanks!
Cheers Mate
Rickenbacker '64 & '68 4001 basses ♦ Fender Pre-CBS J & P Basses and 1968 Telecaster Bass ♦ Moog Taurus III Bass Pedals ♦ Hiwatt (Hylight) Amplification
"A good bassist determines the direction of any band."- Ron Carter
johnallg
Rick-a-holic

Post by johnallg »

Hey Sergio, hate to tell you but there's something wrong with Jaclyn. I think she is a faker - there is an extra fret on her. All mine only have 20 frets! Image

Glad to finally put a face on the talent behind the copper winding!
rickcrazy
RRF Consultant

Post by rickcrazy »

Yeah! Thanks, fellows.
Well, there is a lot more about Jaclyn than meets the eye, believe me hehe. Also, she could use a fingergrip like Susanna's. Someone sent me one such part many months ago which tragically had the wrong screw hole spacing. Won't somebody help her?
A Rickenbacker bass is much like the Jaguar E car - perennially ultra-fashionable.
rickcrazy
RRF Consultant

Post by rickcrazy »

Uh... The exact fingergrip screw hole spacing on Jaclyn is 1 5/16" (center-to-center).
xsubs

Post by xsubs »

Sergio
I'm pretty sure Tony @ Pickguardian can make one for you. I know he has made them, and can probably custom make one with that spacing.
Rickenbacker '64 & '68 4001 basses ♦ Fender Pre-CBS J & P Basses and 1968 Telecaster Bass ♦ Moog Taurus III Bass Pedals ♦ Hiwatt (Hylight) Amplification
"A good bassist determines the direction of any band."- Ron Carter
elysrand
Advanced Member

Post by elysrand »

Dale Fortune also makes these, according to the below quote, but for only $5 USD Image Tony is good, but he will charge $15 last I asked him.

If you wish, send Dale an email at <dale@fortuneguitars.com> with your spacing, and he will receive it and custom-make one and send it to you:

"Posted by Dale Bruce Fortune (Dale_fortune) on Wednesday, May 23, 2007 - 02:58 pm:

Bob I should have asked about the tug bar/finger rest..I make those
also..$5.00"
Do unto others as you would have them do unto you, and sit in with the band whenever you can, to keep your chops up!
rickcrazy
RRF Consultant

Post by rickcrazy »

Hey, thanks Sean and Elys. It slipped my mind that Dale made finger rests. I'll be sure to drop him a line in the next few hours.
SixtyFour
Veteran RRF member

Post by SixtyFour »

Sergio, there is a genuine '73 plexi grip on ebay, ...just listed. Search Rickenbacker. [USA]
1991 4001CS - D4 8646 / D4 8099 MIA
rickcrazy
RRF Consultant

Post by rickcrazy »

I'll check it out right now. Many thanks.

Return to “Winding Up With The Best: by Sergio Silva”