Summer NAMM '07

Planning or looking for a Rickenbacker conference? Start here.

Moderators: rickenbrother, ajish4

brianeharmonjr
Intermediate Member

Post by brianeharmonjr »

http://www.musiciansfriend.com/product/ElectroHarmonix-Bassballs-Pedal?sku=153311

Here's a Bassballs from Musician's Fiend for $39. I don't know how long they will be at this price, but pretty cheap.
phlemmy

Post by phlemmy »

This was the last year of Summer NAMM which from what I understand is a good thing.
firstbassman
Advanced Member

Post by firstbassman »

Just to be clear and on the record.
I am left-handed.
However, when I put my two arms together I seem to be right-handed. I play golf right-handed, swing a baseball bat right-handed and play guitar right-handed.

Or, perhaps, what I'm I'm doing is really left-handed and all the rest of the world is calling it backwards.
alanz
Intermediate Member

Post by alanz »

I recall Ronn saying once he was very left-hand dominant, which is quite rare. Most lefties, like me and apparently Mark are ambidextrous or flexible-handed.

I am left handed because I write with my left hand. I do a few other things left-handed, too, but playing guitar and bass isn't one of them. I play racquetball and tennis left handed but throw right handed, for example. I am ambi-footed playing soccer.

Because of Ronn's experience at the show vis-a-vis a lack of left-handed instruments available I always tell parents whose children want to play and are left-handed to try to get them to play the "wrong" way for them, which is to say, play right handed.

I gave that advice here one time and it was a bit controversial.
Listen to that sustain!
iamthebassman
Veteran RRF member

Post by iamthebassman »

"Here's a Bassballs from Musician's Fiend for $39. I don't know how long they will be at this price, but pretty cheap."

Someone didn't read the thread.
"Top 10 Best Bass Players" Austin Music Poll 2014, 2013, 2012, 2011, 2010

Return to “Rickenbacker Conferences and Confluences”