F.B.I.

Performing and Interpreting Shadows' Music
admin
Site Admin

F.B.I.

Post by admin »

This post is not so daunting as it might first seem. F.B.I. is an very different instrumental compared to many of Marvin's recordings.

I am curious about how the tone was achieved on this song. I found it peculiar at first, however, as with so many of The Shadows' instrumentals I have learned to appreciate them even more when trying to play them.

At the beginning the lead sounds somewhat thin to my ears and the picking quite hard. The echo or slight delay appears much more pronounced as the track continues. There can be little doubt that he is using the vibrato heavily at times.
Life, as with music, often requires one to let go of the melody and listen to the rhythm

Please join the Official RickResource Forum Facebook Page https://www.facebook.com/groups/379271585440277
sir_andrew_of_left_coast
Veteran RRF member

Post by sir_andrew_of_left_coast »

Member #03
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

More than a few playing hints here, Andrew. Thanks for the link.
Life, as with music, often requires one to let go of the melody and listen to the rhythm

Please join the Official RickResource Forum Facebook Page https://www.facebook.com/groups/379271585440277
sloop_john_b
Rick-a-holic

Post by sloop_john_b »

Sounds like the middle pickup to me.
goran
RRF Consultant

Post by goran »

It's definitely the middle pup (can actually be seen on the footage). The overall sound is achieved by quite little bass, probably low action (a little string slapping) and hard attack. The sound on the video not quite as the studio recording, though. The studio recording seems to have a little bit of "bathroom reverb" added.
Goran

Return to “Shadows' Forum: by Goran”