Squire's technique showcased

The genius of Chris Squire
iamthebassman
Veteran RRF member

Re: Squire's technique showcased

Post by iamthebassman »

The dealer thru in that video when I bought my 4001CS-LH in '92(for $999).
ajish4
RRF Moderator

Post by ajish4 »

That is the first one I've seen availible in a L O N G time.

Should be fun to watch and see what it sells for! :twisted:
yesmrsquire

Post by yesmrsquire »

I'm hoping we will get an in depth history/pics on each of Chris's Bass guitars (the popular ones) on his website soon. He could provide us with info every month on each of his guitars. He could call it Bass info of the Month. Of course the first feature would have to be his trademark 4001s.
just_bassics
Intermediate Member

Post by just_bassics »

Chris could write a book, detailing all of the Yes recording sessions and which bass was used and I'd buy it! I recently recieved "The Steve Howe Collection" as a gift and was surprised to learn that many of the songs that I thought were the ES-175 were actually recorded on his Gibson three pickup Switchmaster. On Fragile, only "Heart of the Sunrise" was done with the 175. And "America" was his Hayman 2020!

I wish more artists would do as Chris did with the FOOW DVD, just sit down in front of a camera and narrate the tracks as they go by... as an engineer and composer myself, I find those details fascinating, more so than fader and eq settings.
tallpat1

Post by tallpat1 »

I also purchased the video The interviewer was a pit of a dope, but Chris was awesome as usual and you get to see some of his gear up close. even his marshall amps.

Return to “Chris Squire and Yes Forum”