Post-SoCal R.A.S. list

Planning or looking for a Rickenbacker conference? Start here.

Moderators: rickenbrother, ajish4

blueflamerick
Advanced Member

Post by blueflamerick »

Just one for me, an acoustic Blue Boy. Don't care which model.
sloop_john_b
Rick-a-holic

Post by sloop_john_b »

LOL.

Dave, as soon as my 5002 comes in, i'll make a very special recording with it especially for Lisa. Image
ajish4
RRF Moderator

Post by ajish4 »

"LOL

Dane, it is even funnier knowing that I was whistling it on the plane for six hours on the way home.

I think it will be sometime before she will go back to Disney."

We just returned home about two weeks ago, my wife BOUGHT the "Official Disney Attraction CD"....SHE IS KILLING ME with it!

IF I hear "The Tiki Room" ONE MORE TIME.....I have to admit, I'm an "It's a Small world" closet fan...Image
"Freedom of expression is important, but I have learned that people want to know how much you care before they care how much you know."
The only time a bass player gets noticed is when he stops playing.
sloop_john_b
Rick-a-holic

Post by sloop_john_b »

Oh, i'll make you sick of it yet! Just gimme a mandolin and a weekend to kill.
wmthor
Veteran RRF member

Post by wmthor »

i'm thinking a lefty 650C FG, set up like Jerry's would be a nice addition.
'96 1997 LH MG
'98 360 LH MG
'00 360/12 Carl Wilson LH FG
'07 730S Shiloh LH
jdogric12
Rick-a-holic

Post by jdogric12 »

J Dog the Bounty Hunter (thanks for that Dave!) is on the hunt for something along the lines of a 381/12v69. Thanks Paul A for the RAS!!! Great guitars.
ben_brown
Advanced Member

Post by ben_brown »

"it is even funnier knowing that I was whistling it on the plane for six hours on the way home"

I was doing the same thing for a couple of days as well!

On another note...There's no place like home. I just walked in the door 20 minutes ago.
I had a blast everyone! Image
'73 4001 MG '88 4003S JG '89 4003S FG '91 4003S MG
clearblue
Intermediate Member

Post by clearblue »

Just one, the bbr 330/12. I now own it. Image
Couldn't pass up a beautiful blueburst.
doctorwho
Veteran RRF member

Post by doctorwho »

It is better, of course, to know useless things than to know nothing. - Seneca
dr_bob
RRF Consultant

Post by dr_bob »

So tell me how Post-SoCal R.A.S. is different than regular every day R.A.S. As an analogy, is it like what you feel after eating a dozen White Castle sliders as opposed to only a half-dozen?
The world is made of stories not atoms and every guitar has a story.
sharkboy

Post by sharkboy »

"it is even funnier knowing that I was whistling it on the plane for six hours on the way home"

"It's a Small World" is one of the most insidious earworms ever concocted. It rivals the Sammy Davis Jr. version of "The Candyman", but it's worse, in that "the Candyman" has more different lyrics, and doesn't have animatronic things snapping at you while you are essentially captive.

I think I've posted my remedies for earworms before. In case I haven't:

1. This involves a hacksaw, an ice cream scoop and probably some everclear. Gently remove the top of the head with the hacksaw. Start scooping brain out until you can't remember the irritant song, or no longer care. Use the everclear for an antiseptic- especially for the mouth. Be sure to wash the ice cream scoop when finished. Nobody wants brain topping in their ice cream.

2. (Less invasive, but a lower rate of success) Sort of a replacement method. Think of a catchy song that is less irritating. I've found that almost any They Might Be Giants song works here, as they are mostly very catchy and some of them are even fun. Do not use the Sammy Davis version of "The Candyman" or Def Leppard's "Pour Some Sugar on Me", as that will probably cause more damage than the original earworm virus.

Sometimes saddling someone else with the offending earworm can occasionally solve the problem.

Alternate earworm virus theories include those which suggest some forms of this type of virus may or may not be replicating, so it may actually physically move some of them from host to host. Sometimes, if that earworm doesn't transfer to another, you may try using some form of substitution [see above] onto another host (by mutating the earworm first, to another variety: eg. "'The Candyman' is inside my head, can you think about 'Billy, Don't Be a Hero'?")

For some horrible reason, yesterday morning I had "Please Come to Boston" going through my head. To me, that is worse than deathcore. When I told a friend of this, somehow, I no longer had it and he did. I was able to make my earlier recommendations to him. (I can also hit the "nukes" button on his earworm problem. He had an acquaintance who recorded one of the worst albums in the history of this or any other planet and all I have to do is recite a few lyrics to him and he starts foaming at the mouth and tries to drive nails into his cranium.)

Then, to help him get rid of that, I suggested a bunch of other songs that get stuck in my head from time to time (that I don't like- evidently I'm not a very nice friend) to help him to dislodge that one. Things like these tasty morsels:

It's a Small World
The Candyman
Billy, Don't Be a Hero
Pour Some Sugar On Me
Afternoon Delight
All Out of Love
Thank God I'm a Country Boy
Muskrat Love
Wind Beneath My Wings
Waaaahnehd, Ded or Uuuh Laaaav (OK, kind of a cute song, but some of the worst lyrics, ever)

Welcome back, everybody. I hope to join up with you kids for one of these in the future.
"rubber heads don't dent easily"
charlyg

Post by charlyg »

A good cure for earworms is anything by Pink Floyd. The whole album.......
rickenbrother
RRF Moderator

Post by rickenbrother »

As usual, my post confluence RAS includes:
4003 Shadow

Added to my RAS list:
5002V58 (Diane has RAS for one of these also)
381V69- and a bass guitar version of the 381 would be truly awesome!
The JETGLO finish name should be officially changed to JETGLO ROCKS! :-)
paologregorio

Post by paologregorio »

"RAS"- I figured it out; a certain brand-specific variation of "GAS".

Thanks Joey. Glad everyone enjoyed the twin BE MG 381v69/6&12. I almost didn't bring them. I thought there would be a few there already, until I read the forum and didn't see any on the "to bring" lists".

There's a photo of J-Dog playing the 12, and Darren playing the 6, but none of them together, so I will try to take and post a photo of the two with my fawn tolex AC30 today.

Hmm, maybe this will cause some "VAS"?!
There is no reason to ever be bored.

...why yes, I suppose I do have a double bound guitar fetish...

"Uh, I like the double bounds. . . ."
jdogric12
Rick-a-holic

Post by jdogric12 »

"So tell me how Post-SoCal R.A.S. is different than regular every day R.A.S."

In my case, I never had any desire to get one until I played this one.

Return to “Rickenbacker Conferences and Confluences”