YES 40th Anniversary Tour 2008

The genius of Chris Squire
elysrand
Advanced Member

YES 40th Anniversary Tour 2008

Post by elysrand »

Keep watching this topic for news on the YES 40th Anniversary Tour 2008! Plans are not complete and no official dates have been announced, although some "may" already be known by some of us :) As soon as official word is released for public consumption, you will see it here! Actually, as soon as Chris Squire tells me on one of our phone calls that it is OK to post something, I will post it here :D
Do unto others as you would have them do unto you, and sit in with the band whenever you can, to keep your chops up!
mrs_brown
Intermediate Member

Re: YES 40th Anniversary Tour 2008

Post by mrs_brown »

I am waiting as patiently as possible..WOOHOO
May you always work like you don't need money;
May you always love like you've never been hurt;
and may you always dance like there's nobody watching.
Jack Canfield
woodyng

Post by woodyng »

:shock: yes,please!!
'74 4000 White
'98 4004Ci
'04 4004Cii MG Fretless conversion
'04 4004 Laredo FG 4002v57 Custom
elysrand
Advanced Member

Post by elysrand »

woodyng wrote::shock: yes,please!!
:mrgreen:
Do unto others as you would have them do unto you, and sit in with the band whenever you can, to keep your chops up!
brewingfrog

Post by brewingfrog »

Well that is truly excellent news! I'll be looking forward to that one!

Hopefully they don't get scheduled in Houston in August again... I thought Steve was going to pass out the last time through!
just_bassics
Intermediate Member

Post by just_bassics »

YES are in a very unique position, IMO, with fourteen past and current members all still with us and still applying their trade (to some degree). Wouldn't it be great if this time, they pulled off a real "Union" CD with actual and not replacement musicians? :D
elysrand
Advanced Member

Post by elysrand »

Indeed it would! And doubtless there will be a DVD coming out of this as well, up to the standards of the latest in high-definition video and sound I would earnestly hope. :D
ajish4
RRF Moderator

Post by ajish4 »

elysrand wrote:Indeed it would! And doubtless there will be a DVD coming out of this as well, up to the standards of the latest in high-definition video and sound I would earnestly hope. :D

C'mon Elys,

SPILL YOUR GUTS!

TELL US WHAT YOU KNOW!
:mrgreen:

"Ve hav Vays of maaking U tauk"...........
elysrand
Advanced Member

Post by elysrand »

Me? I know nutzing, I see nutzing, I wasznt even here..... :?
ajish4
RRF Moderator

Post by ajish4 »

elysrand wrote:Image

Me? I know nutzing, I see nutzing, I wasznt even here..... :?

Ah-ha!

But you NEVER said "SAY NUTZING"! :mrgreen:
bassbob

Post by bassbob »

This is great news. I wish Chris Squire would call me up on the phone, lucky dog. :D
phlemmy

Post by phlemmy »

bassbob wrote:This is great news. I wish Chris Squire would call me up on the phone, lucky dog. :D
It's likely the other way around. Chris will probably change his number. :lol: :lol: :lol:
cheyenne
Veteran RRF member

Post by cheyenne »

If Chris ever called me,,,I'd probably say "Yeah right,,is Geddy Lee there too"? And hang up. :?
"Knowledge is Power"
jojo99

Post by jojo99 »

YES are in a very unique position, IMO, with fourteen past and current members all still with us and still applying their trade (to some degree). Wouldn't it be great if this time, they pulled off a real "Union" CD with actual and not replacement musicians?
As much as that idea sounds cool on paper, I just don't think it'd work for a variety of reasons. It's hard enough for the classic lineup to get together for a new record, let alone a dozen members. These guys all have adult lives and I respect that, but most of the truly great albums in rock came from band members playing together in the studio, rather than guys showing up and punching in parts piecemeal at differing times. I don't think 'Union' failed artistically or commercially because of the studio musicians (heck, even Steve Howe himself thought he was playing parts he really didn't play on the album), but because Jon Anderson and the producer essentially hijacked the project from many accounts, and did as they saw fit even if it meant bumping parts the original guys played, or re-doing Wakeman's keyboard patches after he recorded them. It's well known Howe and Rabin didn't like the prospect of one of them backing the other; Bruford seemed disappointed that he had to resign himself to merely adding percussive color to whatever Alan White wanted to play, and Tony Kaye pretty much played simple pads so as not to get in Wakeman's way. Too much talent in too small a space. I would much rather have multiple Yes spin-off projects, like maybe the very first line-up doing something, the classic line-up, or how about a line-up including Bruford/Moraz (those two worked well together, IMO.) This may sound like heresy, but I'd even dig a pure instrumental Yes without a "Napoleon" trying for the elusive pop hit, LOL. Before anyone throws tormatos at me for saying that, think back to a time when your band had a rehearsal/jam when the vocalist wasn't there or was too hoarse to sing... things can tend to get a bit more experimental. With musicians of Yes's caliber, that thought seems very appealing.
just_bassics
Intermediate Member

Post by just_bassics »

Didn't say it would work... Just that it would be great. How many other bands from that era can claim that all members are still around and working? Not too many that I can think of... But the days of studio collaboration from the prog rockers are long gone. Still, lets hope for something cool next year. I really enjoyed both "The Laddr" and "Magnificatio" so I know they've still got it!

Return to “Chris Squire and Yes Forum”