The first trans-mediterranean confluence

Planning or looking for a Rickenbacker conference? Start here.

Moderators: rickenbrother, ajish4

gibsonlp
Technical Admin

The first trans-mediterranean confluence

Post by gibsonlp »

Hi guys.

Early in the morning I landed back in Israel after spending a couple of days in Germany, I had some work to do in Hannover which I finished faster than I expected (It took me 5 minutes, literally).
This means I had spare time to conduct, along with Pete Heinzel - the first Trans Mediterranean confluence.
I was lucky enough to attend his band's rehearsal which was really cool and I got to know Pete a little bit.

This forum is simply amazing, I don't think that many communities will have members inviting people they never met who happen to be "in the neighborhood" to stay up in their place. It is amazing how timeless and ageless music and guitars loving are.

I have attached a small picture from our confluence,
I am the fat guy on the left with the too much facial hair (and the 4004 ;))

Pete - sorry, I had to chop the legs, this was unbearable! :)
Peter Heinzel - Right (4001)<br />Gil Disatnik - Left (4004)
Peter Heinzel - Right (4001)
Gil Disatnik - Left (4004)

A few other trivial things I discovered in this trip (motor-related, feel free to skip).
  1. Ford Focus 1.8L Benzine has a pretty accurate speedometer (gps verified)
  2. Ford focus 1.8L Benzine, on a very long road with no speed limits can hit 215Km/H!
  3. It does that at 6100 RPM
  4. It also redlines at 6100 :twisted:
  5. The German autobahn is simply great (up until now I never had the chance to drive inside Germany for more than 100Km. This time I did almost 1000Km).
So long and thanks for all the fish!
jdogric12
Rick-a-holic

Re: The first trans-mediterranean confluence

Post by jdogric12 »

Totally awesome! I'm all about the little get togethers too. They are almost as good as the big ones. Sounds like you had fun!
johnallg
Rick-a-holic

Post by johnallg »

That is so great! Looks like a fun time. Gil, you gotta love those 5 minute jobs! Nothing like a paid-for confluence trip.
rickenbrother
RRF Moderator

Post by rickenbrother »

Very cool, nice basses!!
The JETGLO finish name should be officially changed to JETGLO ROCKS! :-)
gibsonlp
Technical Admin

Post by gibsonlp »

On one hand - I hate flying, I am a developer, not a service technician and in most cases I fly to make the customer feel good as he has the developer on site...
This was a really odd case which we never saw and could not reproduce in our lab - so I had to go there, I just expected somewhat of a challenge...

On the other hand - my El-Al and Lufthansa miles are going fine as I fly only business/first class :)
So long and thanks for all the fish!

Return to “Rickenbacker Conferences and Confluences”