The Latest from Chris Squire!

The genius of Chris Squire
elysrand
Advanced Member

The Latest from Chris Squire!

Post by elysrand »

Scotty Squire wrote me and said that Chris tried to log in to the RRF earlier this past week, but found he could no longer log in. Doubtless it has to do with some technical glitch on the part of the new forum layout or something. SHe and Chris asked for some help to get logged on, and until then, asked me to pass this along (he is putting this "blog" (on several sites) to keep us apprised of "what;s up" :D

Thanks to those of you that have supported the re-release of Fish Out of Water. I've receive really positive emails from those of you who have enjoyed this being re-released with the bonus DVD material.

Also, for those of you that are interested, I am selling a Fish out of Water T-shirt, sizes 2XL, XL, L, and M. If you are interested, they are selling in the UK / Europe £25.00 and in the US and other countries $40.00 (This prices DOES include shipping and handling charges and VAT, no other fees will be charged on top of this price.) Email us at info@stoneghost-ent.com and put SHIRT in the subject line. (You can see what the shirt looks like by going to my Chris Squire myspace and searching in the "pics".

I am currently finishing up a Christmas album where I have taken traditional English Christmas carols and put them to a prog-rock backing track. We've used the English Baroque Choir - main vocals, Gerard Johnson - keyboards, Jeremy Stacey - drums, Steve Hackett - guitar, and, as you may have guessed, I am playing bass guitar.

We should have this finished by the beginning of next week. So far, I am really pleased with the outcome of this and I think it is going to surprise people as it is looking at traditional English Christmas music from a different point of view.

I have two new websites being worked on right now and they should be up and running very soon: http://www.chrissquire.net and http://www.stoneghost-ent.com

This next month, I will look forward to playing at the Ahmet Ertegun Memorial show in London and also getting back to recording my latest solo project that I put on hold so I could record my Christmas album.

All the best -- Chris Squire <chris@stoneghost.co.uk>
fran4001
Intermediate Member

Re: The Latest from Chris Squire!

Post by fran4001 »

Thanks Elys! Actually, I saw it yesterday at the corporate Forum. Now call me naive or whatever, but I really do believe that Chris And Scottie are the people actually doing all this great stuff, here on our fav forums no less. BUT, I am disappointed to see some of the responses at both Corporate and at Beat Gear Cavern by folks who seem to think that it's not the Squires talking to us, but their "PR Department", or worse yet, some posers. I just really got bugged by that, and held my tongue. We dream of stuff like this happening, and then when it does, the naysayers do their handiwork. :evil:
johnallg
Rick-a-holic

Post by johnallg »

Fran, there will always be people who are disappointed with life and need to share that disappointment.
bassbob

Post by bassbob »

When I started the thread on BGC about this, I had only been on the corporate site and there was some speculation as to whether or not it was actually Chris Squire going on over there. This is a fairly normal response to this situation, don't you think. Anyway, within 5 minutes RKBSOUND informed us that it was him, as he was posting over here now, which has laid the situation to rest. John Hall put this issue to bed on his own site yesterday too. So relax, nobody's dissapointed with life, just trying not to make a post to one of our bass heroes and have it turn out that it was some dude in seskatchewan trying to be funny.
fran4001
Intermediate Member

Post by fran4001 »

Good point Bassbob! I realize that there have been crackpots out there posting as everyone from Maxwell Smart to Jesus. A bit over sensitive I am. :cry: Just so no one tells me my autographed Fish Out Of Water CD was done by the cleaning lady!!! :wink:
relayer
Veteran RRF member

Post by relayer »

This next month, I will look forward to playing at the Ahmet Ertegun Memorial show in London
Yet another reason for me to be upset that I won't be there. :(
ram

Post by ram »

I do believe it is Chris and or Scotty posting in the forums. I have never had the pleasure of meeting either but from correspondence with them and all that has percolated up over the years – anything other than them doing this would seem very out of character.

Fran, I am sorry to tell you this but I heard they taught the dog to write and that is who is doing the CDs…. He works for biscuits!!!!
cheyenne
Veteran RRF member

Post by cheyenne »

By all means we need to fix Chris's log in problem!!!!
"Knowledge is Power"
mrs_brown
Intermediate Member

Post by mrs_brown »

The sooner the better! :)
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

My apology to Chris Squire. I have been busy with the Register and I have had no knowledge of his login problem until this moment. I will sort this out as soon as I can find out the difficulty he is having.
Life, as with music, often requires one to let go of the melody and listen to the rhythm

Please join the Official RickResource Forum Facebook Page https://www.facebook.com/groups/379271585440277
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

I sent an email to Chris Squire yesterday with my apology and a new password with the hope that he will join in again. I have not yet heard back from him.
Life, as with music, often requires one to let go of the melody and listen to the rhythm

Please join the Official RickResource Forum Facebook Page https://www.facebook.com/groups/379271585440277
elysrand
Advanced Member

Post by elysrand »

admin wrote:I sent an email to Chris Squire yesterday with my apology and a new password with the hope that he will join in again. I have not yet heard back from him.
Thanks Peter! But, part of the problem was that he no longer uses the <email removed by Gil> address. Last I heard, he is now using the <email removed by Gil> address. The way the new bulleting board system worked, as I understood, was that it sent the new password activation request to the address under which he signed up originally (which email address no longer works)
fran4001
Intermediate Member

Post by fran4001 »

I just heard from Scotty, and she indicated that invoices should start going out Monday. Woohoo! :D
revolution9

Post by revolution9 »

elysrand wrote:
admin wrote:Thanks Peter! But, part of the problem was that he no longer uses the <email removed by Gil> address. Last I heard, he is now using the <email removed by Gil> address. The way the new bulleting board system worked, as I understood, was that it sent the new password activation request to the address under which he signed up originally (which email address no longer works)
Wrong, wrong, wrong. I think you're out of the loop Elys. Not sure if you should be publishing Chris' personal email address.
gibsonlp
Technical Admin

Post by gibsonlp »

Elys:
This is the way phpbb3 works, but we are human, flesh and blood and are not bounded by any software limitation.
A few users can testify that after a short verification of their true identity - their old, inaccessible email was changed to the one they are currently using.

I emailed you and sent you a few private messages regarding this matter a few weeks ago to no avail as you never replied.

Additionally, I took the liberty of modifying your post which contained Chris' personal email address (and of course Richard's post which had it in the quote), remember - this board is being constantly scanned by searchbots...
So long and thanks for all the fish!

Return to “Chris Squire and Yes Forum”