Melbourne Mini-Confluence

Planning or looking for a Rickenbacker conference? Start here.

Moderators: rickenbrother, ajish4

winston
Membership Admin

Re: Melbourne Mini-Confluence

Post by winston »

"My suggested arrangement is: If you pick up and play any of my guitars or the 4003 bass and you're not happy with the setup it will be your decision as to whether you work on it or not.... "

Yeah right! Who are you trying to kid? You know full well that if I pick up a guitar and it is not quite set up right that I'll fix it. Don't try that psychology mumbo jumbo on me mate. I am not buying it. :)
“We can't solve problems by using the same kind of thinking we used when we created them.” - Albert Einstein

"You do not really understand something unless you can explain it to your grandmother" - Albert Einstein
ozover50
RRF Consultant

Post by ozover50 »

..... sheepish grin .....
johnallg
Rick-a-holic

Post by johnallg »

ozover50 wrote:..... sheepish grin .....
Thats baaaaaaaaaad!
longboard_ric
Intermediate Member

Post by longboard_ric »

Hi John :D

I don't think she'd fall for the less beer trick, I don't drink that much of it any more !!!! Maybe I could fake a small lottery win, but then she'd ask for half !!!

Howard, unfortunately the investment thing won't work either. The last investment decision I made lost us $25k !!!!

Sorrento sounds good Howard, by the time it comes around I will definitely need a break from painting tiling and worrying :D

Brian thanks for your offer, I will certainly take you up on it !!! The throat lubricant will be no problem !!! Also here's a tip, just to make you feel a little more Aussie for your stay.........throat lubricant is close but beer is more commonly referred to as "Neck Oil". And there is a wide variety to choose from !!!

One more thing Brian.......how are you with cars.........mine's running a bit rough at present :D
Those are my principles, and if you don't like them... well, I have others.
winston
Membership Admin

Post by winston »

I used to be pretty good with cars, but since the technology change from naturally aspirated carburators to high tech fuel injection systems that are closely controlled by onboard computers I pretty much decided that I would leave it to the new breed of experts. So you are on your own with that problem mate. :) Good luck.

Neck oil eh? It must have been a guitarist that coined that expression.
“We can't solve problems by using the same kind of thinking we used when we created them.” - Albert Einstein

"You do not really understand something unless you can explain it to your grandmother" - Albert Einstein
longboard_ric
Intermediate Member

Post by longboard_ric »

Hi Brian :D

I used to tinker a bit with cars too, but as you say, they are a bit too complicated now. :D

I don't know who came up with the term Neck Oil, but I have seen plenty of guitarists use it !!!
Those are my principles, and if you don't like them... well, I have others.
harvey49
Intermediate Member

Post by harvey49 »

Sorry for the late post, I've had some serious computer problems - a case of over tweaking! :?

Thanks to Darren and Robin for their hospitality last Sunday, no guitar was off limits, so naturally I headed for the Capri, (lovely guitar). Great day as usual perfect weather, lots to talk about, plenty of playing, the occassional throat lubricant and a lovely lunch to boot. It was great to catch up with the gang and hear what's been going on, all in all a great day.

Looking forward to Brian and his wife arriving so we can do it all again - it's a tough life guys, but someone has to do it, so we'll just soldier on with a huge smiles on our faces. :lol:
Life wasn't meant to be easy
winston
Membership Admin

Post by winston »

harvey49 wrote:Looking forward to Brian and his wife arriving so we can do it all again:
So am I Ron. 19 days to go and counting.

ozover50
RRF Consultant

Post by ozover50 »

Shane: We'll be arriving at Sorrento late morning or early afternoon on Monday the 3rd and leaving some time on Thursday the 6th. Throw me an email or call on 0418 109 665 and let me know what suits.

I'll make sure we have all the necessary stuff.

Return to “Rickenbacker Conferences and Confluences”