RRF Consultant

Re: live 1982

Post by ozover50 »

Great stuff, Roy. Thanks!
sowhat
RRF Consultant

Post by sowhat »

That was cool, thanks for sharing. Especially McNally's "rock-drill" guitar playing style and Allen's "light" version of "do-the-Freddie". Great they played my favourite song from that period, "Murder in my heart". Not great they haven't played any of their own stuff. Great they haven't played "Needles and pins", or have they and i was lucky to miss it? Not great they played "Love's melody", which is perhaps my least favourite song from that period — and, according to my Dad, all the songs from the Sire period sound like the same song, and that same song is "Needles and pins". Overall, "young guys" in their late 30s — early 40s (which makes me a "baby", i think) did a great job and sounded really live, with all those flips and flops that make a show funny and entertaining.
Nothing will get you dead quicker than being deadly serious about yourself.
miamiric

Post by miamiric »

Great to see the old front line at work again. Really enjoyed watching this. Thanks for showing it Roy.
"TOO OLD TO ROCK TOO YOUNG TO DIE"
rob_mac

Post by rob_mac »

Thanks for that Roy. Really enjoyed it. Wish I had seen that line up.

from Rob
einar
Veteran RRF member

Post by einar »

Great, thanks! Wish I had all those old Searchers (as long as Pender were in) on dvd. Would pay a ton (well..) to get one. If anyone can provide "under the table", please tell me!
Do both John and Mike play 12-strings at least at the end of part IV??

Einar
royclough
RRF Consultant

Post by royclough »

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NReaZ0t5xXI

More from this show and a rarity in some ways The Searchers in casual attire
sowhat
RRF Consultant

Post by sowhat »

The beginning ("Sick and tired") was great... however, "Feeling fine" was awful, and "Sugaring spies" was even worse (imho, of course). I would never blame Mike Pender for forgetting the words of the latter — it's hard to remember the words that are that silly. Imho again.
sowhat
RRF Consultant

Post by sowhat »

Part six.

Finally, they do something of their own...
EDIT: can anybody explain what's the deal with English lessons Frank is talking about? I thought they were playing in San Francisco, or am i wrong?
shelboy

Post by shelboy »

Oh deep joy! Can't believe a whole concert from the guys in the Sire years and the icing on the cake, a rocking version of Switchboard Susan at the end. Brought a tear to my eye I can tell ya. I can remember them doing it at the Roundabout in Gloucester around about the same time. Now if someone could just unearth a live version of September gurls (which they also did at the same gig, thanks to a request from my wife for me) I would be as happy as a pig in ........chiffon (as Frank used to say!). :D
sowhat
RRF Consultant

Post by sowhat »

And now, for something different... :twisted:
Sandman
(and if somebody says John is not The Man, i'll never talk to that somebody anymore :twisted: )

Return to “Searchers' Forum: by Roy Clough”