Two Weeks From Today

Planning or looking for a Rickenbacker conference? Start here.

Moderators: rickenbrother, ajish4

winston
Membership Admin

Two Weeks From Today

Post by winston »

Man,

I am getting excited. I talked to Howard and Ron last night on the phone (we do that occasionally) but yesterday was a great day. Life has been full of twists and turns over the years but overall it has probably never been as interesting as it is for me right now. We just welcomed a new grandson to the world last night his name is Everett Laurus Medway. With a name like that he'll probably be a lawyer after he's finished university. LOL

and,

Two weeks from now my wife and I will be boarding Air Canada to go over to Australia and meet up with Aitch and all the lads from down under. We leave on Saturday the 24th and arrive on Monday the 26th. Look out Australia you'll never be the same! 8)

It will be good to see our good friend Aitch again, we had such a great time with him when he came to visit us last year. It will also be great to actually meet Ron, Darren, Greg, Frank, Shane and the rest of the locals who may have the opportunity to cross our paths in the Melbourne area. The gang are by all accounts arranging some fun get togethers and the occasional jam session. Did I miss anybody? If I did it was not intentional, as I say the excitement is building.

Thanks Aitch for everything, we'll be seeing you again real soon.

Brian
“We can't solve problems by using the same kind of thinking we used when we created them.” - Albert Einstein

"You do not really understand something unless you can explain it to your grandmother" - Albert Einstein
gregga41
RRF Consultant

Re: Two Weeks From Today

Post by gregga41 »

Hey Brian, congratulations on the arrival of your Grandson!
Looking forward to getting together when you arrive! Aitch is the best at arranging places for you to go and things to see, so enjoy!
Only 2 weeks?? I better start practising! Howard, warm up your vocal chords, please!! :D
winston
Membership Admin

Post by winston »

Thanks Greg,

The little guy is home now and I am happy for his mom that he is such a good baby. He seems very content.

Looking forward to meeting you.
“We can't solve problems by using the same kind of thinking we used when we created them.” - Albert Einstein

"You do not really understand something unless you can explain it to your grandmother" - Albert Einstein
longboard_ric
Intermediate Member

Post by longboard_ric »

Hi Brian :D

Congratulations on becoming Grandparents.......I think the beauty of that is you can play with him all you want and enjoy watching him grow but give him back to mum and dad when that dirty nappy need changing !!!

Have a pleasant flight out...........see you soon :D
Those are my principles, and if you don't like them... well, I have others.
ozover50
RRF Consultant

Post by ozover50 »

Hi Brian.

Congratulations to you all once again on the arrival of Everett. With a name like that he should end up being president of Boeing!!

I'm really looking forward to your arrival. Apart from anything else, I need a break from work! Our trip to the beach and a few other things aside there aren't many activities planned, so we can 'wing it' and do things as we please.

BTW.... I have had all my guitars microchipped and two door sensors installed, so you'll struggle to get anything out the door!! :mrgreen:
winston
Membership Admin

Post by winston »

Thanks guys, Penny and I will be seeing you all real soon.

Brian

ozover50
RRF Consultant

Post by ozover50 »

Three days to go....... woohoo!! :D
winston
Membership Admin

Post by winston »

Hahahaha, I don't care if no one else give's a **** (excluding my mates from down under of course). I am loving it. See you soon mate! :D I am looking forward to summer in Oz and hanging out with you and rest of the gang.

ozover50
RRF Consultant

Post by ozover50 »

Neither do I........ bring it on!! :mrgreen:

I assume the flight numbers and times are the same as previously published, Brian?
winston
Membership Admin

Post by winston »

Nothing has changed Aitch,

I'll see you on Monday (to me it will still be Sunday). Confusing or what? I'll resend the flight info again when I get up in the morning.

Bye for now as this will likely be my last post on the forum for a while. 8)

ozover50
RRF Consultant

Post by ozover50 »

No probs, Brian..... checking my stocks of strings, picks, cables, amps, etc. as I type.

C'mon everybody!! In the past many have had something to say when a forum member travels half way round the world to meet others, but not this time......... get enthused!!!!!!! :?:
bitzerguy
RRF Consultant

Post by bitzerguy »

Always enthused fellas! Just can't wait to get some photos from down unda! What an opportunity Brian. I am envious. Hoping to be able to make that trip in 2010...
...Dean
Never, ever drool on your surf shirt. It wrecks the solo.

660/12FG, 350V63/6FG, 620/6JG, 360WB/6DBG, Dingwall C1 #001, Prestige Heritage Elite FM
mrs_brown
Intermediate Member

Post by mrs_brown »

I am glued to my computer waiting for pictures while I cry in my beer that I 2010 is so far away...(on the other hand I need that much time and more to save some cash)
rickenbrother
RRF Moderator

Post by rickenbrother »

ozover50 wrote:C'mon everybody!! In the past many have had something to say when a forum member travels half way round the world to meet others, but not this time......... get enthused!!!!!!! :?:
Aitch, I'm eagerly awaiting pics and descriptions of the great time you guys will have!! :D
The JETGLO finish name should be officially changed to JETGLO ROCKS! :-)
dswp

Post by dswp »

I kind of know what Brian is in for....

It will be the time of your life for sure!!!!!

Return to “Rickenbacker Conferences and Confluences”