What's in your CD collection?

Rock, Blues, R&B, Jazz, Country, Progressive and Metal music from 70’s on.
wmthor
Veteran RRF member

What's in your CD collection?

Post by wmthor »

I have to admit that the blues artists in my CD collection is far and few in-between. The list includes Eric Clapton, Buddy Whittington, Robert Johnson, Lighting John Hopkins, ZZ Top. I may have one or two others, but can't even think of them right now. However, I do find myself listening to XM's Bluesville quite a bit.

What's in your collection?
'96 1997 LH MG
'98 360 LH MG
'00 360/12 Carl Wilson LH FG
'07 730S Shiloh LH
phlemmy

Re: What's in your CD collection?

Post by phlemmy »

http://rateyourmusic.com/list/acacia70/cd_collection

^My musical preferences...not much blues besides the stones and black crowes.
peewee
Intermediate Member

Post by peewee »

I have probably 500-600 Blues CDs.....and then there are the LPs and cassette tapes. All in all, I guess that I've close to 1,000 pieces of recorded music that is strictly Blues.

However, I collect music in general and have everything from string bands of the 1910s through the late 1930s, Bluegrass from the late '40s through the '60s, Country & Western from the golden era of the 1950s and 1960s, Western Swing from the '30s and '40s, Ska, Reggae, traditional Jazz and Bop, Latin, Zydeco and Cajun from the mid '50s until the '80s, 1950s Rockabilly and of course Rock from it's beginnings up until the early 1990s. The only formats I no longer possess are reel to reel and 8-Track tapes, but at one time had about 300 8-Tracks until the heads went belly-up in my player! I think I may have a little too much stuff :oops:
charlyg

Post by charlyg »

My cd's are in a box. All my stuff is digital, and I have 40 gb worth. I buy most music digitally now, as I take care of hard drives better than those little frisbee thangs! Mostly classic rock and blues, but some of the best of the best from other genres.
kenposurf
RRF Consultant

Post by kenposurf »

Blues: Lots of Albert King, BB King, Albert Collins...some: Freddie King, Muddy Waters, Howlin Wolf, Johnny Winter, Tinsey Ellis, Johnny Copeland, Eric Clapton, Sonnt Terry and Brownie McGee, Little Ed and The Blues Imperials, John Mayall, Little Walter, SRV, Paul Butterfield, Charley Musselwhite..too many more!
ben_brown
Advanced Member

Post by ben_brown »

This page isn't big enough to list it all.
jimk
RRF Consultant

Post by jimk »

My blues collection:
  • Blind Blake
    Rev. Gary Davis
    Blind Willie McTell
    Lightnin' Hopkins
    Big Bill Broonzy
    Taj Mahal
    John Lee Hooker
    B.B. King
    Charlie Musselwhite
    Leadbelly
    Muddy Waters
    John Mayall
    Mississippi Fred McDowell
    Mississippi John Hurt
    Yank Rachell
    T-Bone Walker
    and several anthology recordings with the likes of Charley Patton, Memphis Jug Band, Gus Cannon's Jug Stompers, Isham Bracey, Robert Johnson, Bukka White
JimK
charlyg

Post by charlyg »

Where's the love for Keb Mo? George Thorogood? Gary Moore? Rory Gallagher? I also like that little blues band from Texas, ZZ Top! Ben turned me on to Smokin Joe Kubek and he is what's on tap most days....... I keep editing this thing..... I also just picked up Johnny Winter's first two albums. The first is The Progressive Blues Experiment. Great stuff! I got it because of this forum!!!
gibsonlp
Technical Admin

Post by gibsonlp »

So long and thanks for all the fish!

Return to “Groove Yard: by Admin”