RIO !!!

Planning or looking for a Rickenbacker conference? Start here.

Moderators: rickenbrother, ajish4

wints
Veteran RRF member

Re: RIO !!!

Post by wints »

johnallg wrote:Bass - looks like I will be covered.

Why I asked - I have only one bass that needs the nut filed on a couple strings, and looking at Stew-Mac and having major sticker shock, I opted to pass. I can drive 65 miles north and get it done free at the shop I bought my first Rick, but with gas prices, it's almost a tossup between the pump price and the file set! :lol:

I had to fill up the gas can to mow last Saturday and it came to $11.51! :shock:

Live in a condo...
teeder

Post by teeder »

I had to fill up the gas can to mow last Saturday and it came to $11.51!
I just had to fill up my 5 gal mower can and the 6 gal for my old Ford tractor. That hurt! :evil:
incubus2432

Post by incubus2432 »

I had to fill up the GN yesterday.......with premium at $4.24 a gal. ($72)

Luckily my lawnmower container is still full from last year.
teeder

Post by teeder »

I bet you get a little more thrill-per-gallon with a GN than I do with my Ford 8N! :)
johnallg
Rick-a-holic

Post by johnallg »

Andrew, I can't blast my bass out in a condo! :lol:

I played Gas-O-Roulette last night on the way home from work. I was down 2/3 of the tank, the price was $4.029, and the market was down on softer crude prices. But the weekend was coming. I opted to fill up. Today gas is $4.139. I THINK I won.... :?

Now, for a RIO!!! question. How many attending are polishing up their instruments and vacuuming out the fuzz and cat hairs from the cases? How I spent my morning.... :roll:
jps
RRF Consultant

Post by jps »

johnallg wrote:Now, for a RIO!!! question. How many attending are polishing up their instruments and vacuuming out the fuzz and cat hairs from the cases? How I spent my morning.... :roll:
You mean I have to do some work? :mrgreen:

I may do a cursory cleaning as they will be full of fingerprints anyway not long after the doors open! :shock: 8) :wink: :mrgreen:
johnallg
Rick-a-holic

Post by johnallg »

jps wrote:
johnallg wrote:Now, for a RIO!!! question. How many attending are polishing up their instruments and vacuuming out the fuzz and cat hairs from the cases? How I spent my morning.... :roll:
You mean I have to do some work? :mrgreen:

I may do a cursory cleaning as they will be full of fingerprints anyway not long after the doors open! :shock: 8) :wink: :mrgreen:
I hadn't though of that! :shock: :roll: :lol:
incubus2432

Post by incubus2432 »

I was finishing up the shielding on my no-longer-completely-Blackened-Laredo so I can finish the ACG preamp install and I also started fixing the wiring fiasco on the LK from my failed V-V-V-T debacle a few months ago. I had to work the Tribe game tonight so I didn't finish either but should be able to when time permits over the next several days.
jps
RRF Consultant

Post by jps »

incubus2432 wrote:I was finishing up the shielding on my no-longer-completely-Blackened-Laredo so I can finish the ACG preamp install and I also started fixing the wiring fiasco on the LK from my failed V-V-V-T debacle a few months ago. I had to work the Tribe game tonight so I didn't finish either but should be able to when time permits over the next several days.
These could be workshop projects at RIO!!!; we could all "help" you finish them.

"Hey buddy, pass me that screwdriver while you put that soldering thingy on this whatchamacallit next to that red funny looking part under that volume whateveritscalled." :shock: :mrgreen:
ben_brown
Advanced Member

Post by ben_brown »

teeder wrote:Don't taz me, bro! :P
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
ben_brown
Advanced Member

Post by ben_brown »

johnallg wrote:I've got a question. Anyone coming to RIO!! have or bringing nut files??
I have and can bring some nut files.....for bass that is. :mrgreen:
windchimp
Intermediate Member

Post by windchimp »

I'll need to file my nuts :shock: on the 4003...provided I can make it there. Stuck in SoCal for the past 2 weeks and not looking good for next week at the moment...
"Now go away or I shall taunt you a second time"
chronictown
Veteran RRF member

Post by chronictown »

Looking forward to a great weekend. Yesterday I invited my wife to come along to Cleveland with me, and her response was "What time are all you Rickenbastards getting together?"

Rickenbastards - ha! Now why didn't I ever think of that?? I knew there was a reason I married her!
jps
RRF Consultant

Post by jps »

:lol: There are other things to do in Cleveburg if she wants. :mrgreen:
chronictown
Veteran RRF member

Post by chronictown »

Yeah, I think she might see the attractions (aquarium, etc.) and then meet up later for jam night....

Couldn't quite convince her to spend the day looking at guitars :lol:

Return to “Rickenbacker Conferences and Confluences”