RIO !!!

Planning or looking for a Rickenbacker conference? Start here.

Moderators: rickenbrother, ajish4

johnallg
Rick-a-holic

Re: RIO !!!

Post by johnallg »

So, how many are coming in on Friday and will be there in time for a supper get together? What time are we planning on supper? Us coming from further out need to plan timing.
teeder

Post by teeder »

I won't be in until Sat AM.
ben_brown
Advanced Member

Post by ben_brown »

Tammy and myself are planning on being there aroung 3-4 in the afternoon on Friday.
bassduke49

Post by bassduke49 »

Friday evening, but can't count on dinner. We have to drive through Chicago and Indiana, and who knows what delays can be encountered.
krick
Veteran RRF member

Post by krick »

Planning on being at the hotel late in the afternoon. Dinner anytime after 5 PM should be good for me. Any ideas on where to eat? Looks like there are several places close.

Orange Place Restaurants (0.5 mi) Includes Red Lobster, Olive Garden, Bob Evans, and Red Robin.

Dress code: Casual
chronictown
Veteran RRF member

Post by chronictown »

Won't be rolling into town until Saturday morning.
Willbacker

Post by Willbacker »

I don't really post, but I lurk and read stuff often. I live right down the road from the RIO gathering, so I'll be attending. I've seen some RIO posts regarding food etc, and I've got to say it's a great location for food choices. If you do some searches you'll find lots of resturants within a mile or so. There are some nice places in a shopping complex called Eaton Place that's just East of Chagrin Rd and I-271 (Bravo, a middle eastern place, and a few more I can't think of, plus a great deli called Davis Bakery that has sandwiches and baked stuff, also a PF Changs, which is sort of like Chinese meets Mongolian BBQ).

If you need to keep a spouse occupied, Chagrin Falls, where I live is just down the road. It's a nice little town, fun to walk around in and there are some decent resturants there as well. They keep a pretty good website up for the city, you can find some more info there. It's about 6-7 miles East on Chagrin Rd. If anybody does come out this way, there's a beautiful section of road on Chagrin River Road running North off Chagrin Rd. It's got lots of old money horse farms etc and follows the Chagrin River North. Easily one of the nicest drives in North East Ohio.

Well, there you go, I finally do a post and don't even mention guitars, but I know how it is traveling with the spouse who doesn't always share the passion.

Hope it helps.
ben_brown
Advanced Member

Post by ben_brown »

PF Changs sure rings a bell. Dave? :mrgreen:
hof63

Post by hof63 »

“We do not stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing. Never be the first to get old!”
beatlefreak

Post by beatlefreak »

I'll be coming in Saturday morning also.
ben_brown
Advanced Member

Post by ben_brown »

Are you driving in Kris?
johnallg
Rick-a-holic

Post by johnallg »

Welcome Bill - great first post. Middle Eastern... mmmmmm. PF Changs would fly also.
windchimp
Intermediate Member

Post by windchimp »

I plan on leaving Long Island by 10AM Friday, so I should be at the hotel by 6...I can always meet up with the crowd at a restaraunt if you get something going earlier...
"Now go away or I shall taunt you a second time"
jps
RRF Consultant

Post by jps »

I am hoping we can get a bunch of us together early evening, as Bill mentioned, there are a whole lot of great places to eat within a short distance.
incubus2432

Post by incubus2432 »

The Mrs. and I are in. We'll just have to figure out where to meet up. On a Friday night things are going to be busy in that area.

Return to “Rickenbacker Conferences and Confluences”